『48』

I didn't like the looks Andrea gave me as she walked over. She stood in front of me and was silent.

I look around, wondering what the hell she wanted.

"I'm not gonna apologize for knocking you on your ass," I deny. "You had that shit coming after you shot Daryl."

"I did," she agrees. "This isn't about that."

I motion with my hand for her to talk. Get it over with.

"I just thought we should be on the same level," she explains.

I wanted to make a snide remark that my level was up here while her's was on the ground. But, I refrain. Good for me.

"Shane and I.." she continues.

I toss my plate on the ground and look at the sky. "God fucking dammit!"

I stand up from my seat and get eye level with Andrea.

"I know that legally he's your guardian. And I wanted us to at least get along since.."

"Since what?" I ask, already fed up. "Are you steady or just fuck buddies?"

The language causes her to grimace.

"Which one is it?" I urge. "Rip the bandaid off already. Just give it to me straight and honest. I'm sick of secrets."

"It's not official," she settles on saying.

"Great. Another one," I scoff. 

I walk around the fire for a minute.

"I'm not trying to step into a role and be something more than I am. I'm not your mother or anything, I understand that-"

"You're making this out to be a bigger deal than what it is, you know?" I cut her off.

"How so?"

"Are you even going to take this further? Or were you two just desperate to get off?"

"I don't think it's appropriate-"

"Shane can't get his dick wet from Lori anymore and your vibrator is long gone," I once again cut her off. "Was it just sex or more?"

Andrea huffs and crosses her arms.

I roll my eyes and walk to the bar where I know Shane is on watch.

"Fucking idiots," I curse as I pass Andrea.

Before I'm even ten feet from Shane, I call out to him.

"Can you keep your fucking dick in your pants?" I ask.

"Excuse me?"

"Me listening in to y'all and your side chick, baby mama issues was cute when I was fourteen. I'm sick of your hookup of the month getting me involved."

He crosses his arms and leans on the tractor. I finally make it fully in front of him.

"You ain't talked to me straight in weeks and now you're yelling at me?"

"Andrea came up to me," I reveal.

Shane scoffs and shakes his head.

"Yeah," I agree. "I don't care if you two fucked. I don't need to be in the middle of it, okay?"

"I'll talk to her," he assures.

"Now or else I'm gonna knock her ditzy-ass on her ass again," I warn.

I go to walk away, but Shane speaks up.

"What are your thoughts on the barn?"

"I don't know," I admit. "I've been too busy dealing with your fuck buddy and baby mama to worry about it."