『64』

The others back at camp were on pins and needles when Maggie and Hyejin went on a run together. 

They didn't want to speak up and say that they couldn't go because the men knew for a fact that they were two strong, independent women who could take care of themselves.

But, Maggie hadn't been on a run by herself. She always wen with Glenn or Daryl. This was Hyejin's first solo run since having Woojin.

Rick emerged from the tombs and held the new baby for the first time. He thought about Hyejin's words and comfort when doing so and it made him feel better. As he, Beth, Carl, and Hershel walked outside, he scanned the area.

"Where's Hyejin?" Rick wondered.

"She and Maggie went on a run," Hershel answered. "They should be back anytime now."

"They deserved some girl time," Carl repeated the thing Hyejin told him. "They wouldn't let us take 'no' for an answer."

Rick looked around the courtyard and sighed. He didn't like Hyejin being out there. It was the same unease that he got when Carl wasn't accounted for.

"They were going to a kid's store. We trusted that they would know better on what to look for," Hershel added. "There was some mighty big talk about a pump."

Rick forced a chuckle, but it didn't soothe his worry. Then, he spots something weird down at the fences.

--

Back in the prison, Daryl laid Carol on a bunk and gave her some water. It was a miracle to find her alive and he still hadn't wrapped his head around it despite carrying her all the way back to the cell block.

"Where's.. Hyejin..?" Carol gasped. "I need her to look.. At my wounds.."

Daryl looked around the cell block, poking his head out of the cell. Where had she gone?

"I'll go find her. You good here?"

Carol agreed with a nod and Daryl stepped out of the cell. 

"Doll?" he asked, looking into her cell.

It was empty inside. He knocked his knuckles on the concrete and hummed to himself.

Where was everyone else? Glenn was on watch. Not even Hershel or Beth were inside.

Daryl made his way to the cafeteria when he heard Woojin's coos.

"Doll?" he repeated, walking into the cafeteria.

His body went frigid when he saw that the person who was holding Woojin wasn't Hyejin.

Q, the prisoner, was holding Woojin.

Daryl stomped over to the prisoner and snatched Woojin out of his arms.

"The hell is your problem?" Q asked.

Daryl set Woojin on his hip and glared at Q- looking as mean as a man could while holding an infant.

"I don't know what the hell happened between you two, but I'd suggest you keep your ass away from her," Daryl said, low and dangerous.

Q rolled his eyes and stood up from the table. "I've known Hyejin a hell of a lot longer than you have, man. I'd suggest you back off."

Daryl scoffed at the pure audacity of this man. 

Hyejin was terrified of Q and everyone could see it. Daryl picked up on Rick's desperation to keep her away from Q, too. Then, she broke down in Daryl's arms.

"No fucking way," Daryl warned. "Step to her and your ass is mine. Understand?"

Q poked his tongue to his cheek.

"Understand?" Daryl asked again.

If he wasn't holding Woojin, Daryl would've already thrown a punch. Woojin's weight on his side reminds him of his surroundings, though.

Where the hell was Hyejin?

Q held his hands up in surrender and Daryl stepped back. He returned to the cell where Carol was.

"Did you find her?" Carol asked.

"Not yet," Daryl said, setting Woojin on the bed to lie down.

The doors open from outside and Daryl's head perked up again. Commotion was next.

"Doesn't sound great," Carol commented. "I've got Woojin. Go ahead."

Daryl sighed and walked back to the cafeteria. "Why's shit so weird today?"

He stepped to the door only to pause when Rick set a new woman on the ground. She was bleeding from the leg and passed out.

To the side, Carl sat a basket of baby supplies on the table.

Shit was weird.. And far from being okay.

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

SO

quick note

I'm regressing woodbury/the governor back to the comic origins since the show's version doesn't give me enough ammo to write a plot

this way the governor is a more dangerous and cruel man

with that being said PLEASE BE WARNED that the woodbury angle will include SA to both hyejin and maggie (more than the show did) 

i know i put warning before about stuff like this but i never want to blindside anyone and have them feel horrible for something i put out when i could have warned them away from it

the SA scenes will NOT be included but rather alluded to and spoken about in little detail

side note on the side note

are we excited to see daryl beat up q