SPECIAL

- SAM

"Cap we are losing! Hindi ka ba talaga maglalaro?"

I looked at Taylor apologetically. How can I play if I haven't had enough sleep last night? I called Mon earlier this morning to fetch her for school but she told me that she's already at school not knowing that I saw her getting inside that guy's car.

Until when will she lie?

"What's wrong?"

I looked at Katelyn who's sitting beside me on the players' bench.

"She was with Myers last night. That guy fetched her earlier as well"

"Tapos? Yun na yun?"

Jamie did not sound surprised. I did not mind her so she continued talking.

"I mean magmumukmok ka nalang na parang bata just because someone else is hitting on her?"

I did not answer her. I don't know what to answer her as well because she is telling the truth. I'm throwing tantrums because Mon lied and she was with that guy. It's immature, I know.

"Sam listen. You have been with Monica for the last 12 years of her life. That's beyond half of her life Sam. Who cares if you're not allowed to tell her what you feel yet? Who cares if another guy hits on her which you can't avoid by the way because Monica is a beautiful and smart girl? You have all the A cards Sam. You know Mon more than anyone else. Why not use that to your advantage? Myers is a loser, he doesn't have anything except for his pretty face. Ang bobo ng lalaking yun natatakot ka?"

It's as if Jamie used every bit of her braincells to say that to me and sound right. I did not pointed it out because she might hit me. Kate did it instead.

"Jamie is right, minsan lang siya maging tama so lubos-lubusin mo na-"

"HEY!"

Kate and I laughed when Jamie protested. I'm just thankful to have them as friends, they make life easier.

"Napakarami mong lamang sa lalaking yun Sam. He only has his balls and that's it. Kasi kung hindi ikaw ang nangunguna sa laban sa tingin mo ba nandito siya ngayon?"

She nodded at my side and there we saw Mon. She shyly smiled when she saw us looking at her.

"I texted her. Sabi ko hindi ka naglalaro kasi hindi siya nanono-"

I did not let Jamie finish her sentence.

"Hey that's blackmailing! You were forcing her to watch!"

They both heaved out a deep sigh. What? I'm right. They should never force Mon to do anything.

"Minsan talaga grumpy, hindi ka smart, nakakadisappoint. Do you think if she doesn't care, she would show up? Kahit pa sabihin naming sunod-sunod na ang pagkatalo niyo o hindi ka na maglalaro ng soccer habangbuhay kung wala siyang paki at hindi niya alam how playing soccer makes you happy do you think she'll be here? Narrow it down. She went here because she thought you're not playing since she's not watching, she wants you to play soccer, she wants you to be happy. Gets na?"

"How many braincells did that took?"

"GRRRR SAMANTHA!"

Jamie looked like she was ready to punch me anytime because of what I said so she just stood up and went to get Mon.

"Ngayon ka pa ba magd-doubt sa sarili mo? Chin up Sam, make Mon realize that you are someone she should not lose"

I smiled at Katelyn and gave her a nod.

"Thank you Kate"

"Anytime for you, grumpy. We'll get some drinks ha"

She stood up when Mon and Jamie arrived. Katelyn dragged our friend outside to get some drinks for themselves.