PRAYER

- MON

"Ang ganda mo talaga dito sa post ni Sam, friend. Happy ka nito?"

I rolled my eyes at Kianna nang itinuon niya ang atensyon papunta sakin galing sa phone niya. Jane chuckled after taking a sip from her shake.

We decided to go out today after school. I'm with my friends and Jamie. Kate has an important meeting regarding her brand expansion, she owns a clothing line kasi so she's kinda busy. While ate Nita has class pa according to Jamie. We're still not cool though. She doesn't want to talk to me. How the tables have turned, dati ayaw ko sa kanya ngayon I badly want to make it up with her. Haaay.

It has been 2 days since I visited Veen in Pampanga with her grandparents. Our communication has been so consistent since then. Walang palya yung pag-uusap namin. When I wake up, when I'm at school and before I go to sleep. During her first day in Pampang she sent me a bouquet of carnation flowers, on the second day she sent me sunflowers, today she gave me roses, I don't know what it's gonna be tomorrow and the following days. Sinundo din ako ni Kate kanina. Tapos na si ate Nita the first 2 days, now it's Kate's turn until Friday.

Veen and her friends are doing a lot for me to the point that Troy already got annoyed. He talked to me earlier and asked me about what's going on between me and Veen. I think it ended up good?

"Pat, can I ask you a question?"

I'm eating lunch with Troy right now. I was supposed to eat with my friends but he asked me a favor kasi hindi na kami nagkakasama simula nang bumalik ako from Pampanga. I was too caught up with Veen I guess.

"Hmm?"

I did not look at him. I was texting Veen that I'm having lunch. I missed her call earlier when we were on the way to the cafeteria. She must have been calling to ask about lunch.

"What's the deal between you and Sam? It looks like she's courting you as well. May hindi ba ako nalalaman?"

Nagulat ako dahil sa tanong niya. I slowly put my phone down and looked at him. His face is serious and I can see him clenching his jaw, I'm not sure if it's out of nervousness about what I'm going to answer or if he's mad. Am I being unfair to him?

"There's nothing for you to know kasi wala naman talaga in the first place. Veen is my bestfriend Troy, she has always been this thoughtful and caring"

He nodded and gave his attention to his food before asking me another question.

"Is flying to visit her when you could spend time with someone who pursues you more important, Pat? Is texting her while you're eating lunch with me okay? If you don't like me just tell me straight to my face, wag mo na akong paasahin"

Again, nagulat ako sa sinabi niya. Am I that transparent when it comes to being so fond of Veen? She has always been there for me. This is the first time that someone came into my life and views my relationship with Veen in a different way- in a negative way. Don't we really look like bestfriends? Do we look more than that?

"T-Troy"

"Alam ko naman mas nauna mong nakilala at nakasama si Samantha, Pat. And Sam is a cool girl. She could beat anyone here at school- whether it's a guy or a girl. Pero kasi I like you, hell I even think I love you already. It hurts me seeing you being drawn to her kahit nandito ako, kahit ako yung kasama mo"

I don't know what to say. He said a lot. He sees Veen as a standard, he loves me, he's hurt because I don't pay attention to him. Am I that bad? Masyado ko ba talagang pinagtuonan ng pansin si Veen na nakakalimutan ko si Troy? He's been courting me for a while now and to be honest I don't know what to tell him on my birthday. I haven't made up my mind yet.