MISS

- MON

Nagising ako dahil sa mahinang paghaplos sa buhok ko. I opened my eyes and saw Veen smiling at me while sitting on the side of my bed.

Napakaganda naman ng umaga.

"Good morning my pretty bunny"

Dahan-dahan akong bumangon para yakapin siya. Hmmm. She smells so good.

"Good morning my captain. Kanina ka pa?"

My voice is still husky because I'm still sleepy. Medjo late na ako nakatulog kagabi kasi kinukulit ako ni Troy. He is really insisting to fetch me and was asking why I ditched him yesterday. Gusto niya daw kasi magstart na kami sa project but I left him when I read about Jamie's message. Hindi ko din alam. Nung panahon na yun mas narealize kong importante talaga si Veen.

"Hindi naman masyado. Sorry if I came unannounced. I wanted to have breakfast with you. It's actually good timing because your mom and dad are here so we can eat with them"

Friday pala ngayon so it's Dad's dayoff from his graveyard shift.

"It's okay if you came unannounced. It's good nga that I'll be eating breakfast with the three of you. Minsan lang to eh"

I hugged her tighter. It feels safe and comfy. Pag nakayakap ako kay Veen pakiramdam ko walang sinong mananakit sakin.

She caressed my hair gently.

"Still sleepy bunny?"

I nodded. This is Troy's fault haaaay.

"I'm sorry bun but you really need to get up right now or else you'll be late for school. Do you wanna be excused for an hour? I can call Mom"

I shook my head while I'm still hugging her. I buried my face on her chest.

"No po. Not because you are the owner of the school doesn't mean I can take advantage of it"

Yes. Our Univesity is owned by Veen's grandfather and is currently being managed by her Mom. Si Veen lang ang nag-iisang apo kaya sa kanya din ito mapupunta balang araw. Veen's family is very rich. Aside sa University namin napakarami pa nilang malalaking businesses locally and internationally. They're like the Bill Gates of the Philippines, but it's something that you can never see in Veen. Napakahumble at down to earth niya regardless of her social status. She always say pa nga na it's not her name, it's her family's.

"Well if that's the case you need to get up now. How about this? Once I'm done with soccer practice tomorrow we'll go to Batangas so you could unwind and rest?"

I smiled. She has a rest house in Batangas. She is the one who designed and built it. Veen is very good with art and designing. Her house in Batangas is very comfy and it is really intended for resting. Napakapeaceful ng paligid lalo na't malapit ito sa dagat. The area is also huge and it's gated so you can really have privacy.

Parati kaming pumupunta doon if we want to unwind. Minsan kasama ang mga kaibigan niya pero kadalasan kami lang ni Veen.

"You love the ocean right? That's the reason why I got that resthouse. So you can have a place you can go to if you want to breathe. How does that sound?"

Umalis ako sa pagkakayakap sa kanya at hinalikan siya sa pisngi. I will always love the ocean, it gives me a different kind of peace.

"It's a great plan babi. I'm in"

She smiled at me. Ano kayang mangyayari kung wala si Veen sa buhay ko? Will I ever experience this with someone?

"Great! Go take a bath now, I'll fix your bed"