OFFICIALLY

- MON

I woke up because of soft kisses being planted on my lips. I smiled and slowly opened my eyes. Sinalubong ako ng nakangiting mukha ni Veen.

"Good morning fiancé"

I giggled because of the way she addressed me. Ang aga ko pang kinikilig dahil sa kanya. Remembering what happened last night, I still feel like I'm dreaming and floating at the same time. Being reminded that we're finally engaged makes me so giddy that I can't help but feel the same set of butterflies in my stomach again and again- something that Veen has been giving me for the past 3 years.

Lumapit ako sa kanya at niyakap siya ng mahigpit. She moved closer to me so I can be in a comfortable spot while I hug her. I buried my face on her neck as I felt her hand caressing my back. Ang bango ng fiancé ko.

Fiancé. Holy shit! Fiancé ko na si Veen!!

"Good morning my love. I still can't believe that we're finally engaged"

I felt her kiss my head. Nanatili lang kami sa ganung posisyon. She just continued caressing my back while I buried my face on her neck and smelled her scent that I'm addicted with. Magiging asawa ko na siya. Magiging asawa ko yung una at huling babaeng mamahalin ko.

Looking back, with everything that happened to us, I can't help but get emotional. Hindi ko inakalang dadating kami sa point na ganito. Yung magiging kuntento kami sa isa't-isa. Being with Veen makes me so contented with my life that I feel like if I die anytime, it's all gonna be worth it, though living for her and living with her would be better.

"Baby, are you crying?"

She asked me, worry is evident on her voice so I pulled myself away from her and wiped my tears. Tiningnan naman ako ni Veen ng nag-aalala. She cupped my face.

"What's wrong?"

I smiled at her habang tumutulo pa rin yung mga luha ko. I held her face using my right hand.

"N-Nothing. I'm just really happy..." napahikbi ako dahil sa pag-iyak kaya tumigil muna ako sa pagsasalita and gathered all my strength "I-I can't believe that I'm finally marrying you. S-Sa kabila ng lahat ng nangyari, masaya akong nasa tabi kita ngayon at nahahawakan kita ng ganito. Happy birthday my Veen"

Veen's face softened because of what I said. She closed her eyes and kissed my forehead. I am happy because I got to celebrate her birthday again with me in her arms- something that we've been doing for the last 3 years.

"I am happy too, love. So happy and thankful because you said yes. This life is something that I will be forever grateful for because I have you as my best friend, as my girlfriend, now my fiancé and I'm finally going to have you as my wife on the 20th"

Bigla akong napatigil sa pag-iyak dahil sa huling sinabi niya. W-wait. DID SHE SAY THE 20TH?!

"Samantha Veen are you kidding me?! D-Did you say the 20th?"

Baka kasi nabingi lang ako for being so emotional kaya hindi ko siya narinig ng maayos pero bigla akong napanganga sa gulat nang kinagat niya ang labi niya at dahan-dahang tumango.

"You just asked me to marry you last night and now you're telling me we're getting married on the 20th which is what? 12 days from now?!"

Hindi ko napigilang mapaupo sa kama dahil sa pagkagulat. I am very much appalled. Halatang-halata talagang matagal niya na tong pinaghahandaan. I mean wala namang problema kung ikakasal kami agad pero kasi yung pressure. Ang dami naming preparations na dapat gagawin and I don't think 12 days is gonna be enough for that.

Umupo na rin siya at napakamot sa batok niya.

"Baby, everything is all set. Yung oo mo nalang talaga yung hinihintay ko. So kung iniisip mong kukulangin tayo sa oras for the preparations, it's all good now"