NEED

- MON

Everyone was having fun on the dance floor after Jamie opened the gang's gift. Nasa dance floor silang lahat at naiwan lang kami ni Veen sa table. I looked at her. I still can't get over with her being so beautiful tonight.

I was about to say something when the music turned from EDM to mellow. And guess what the DJ played? Taylor Swift's Sweet Nothing. It was the same song that Veen and I danced to when we were in Batangas. She smiled at me and stood up. I swear to God I really know she was about to offer me her hand and ask me to dance but Troy suddenly appeared in front of us and smiled.

"Sam, can I dance with my soon to be girlfriend?"

I froze because of what he said to Veen. It's very clear on his tone that he's trying to show off. Veen just kindly stepped back and smiled at us. No. Please no.

"Sure Troy. Taylor Swift is her favorite singer, it'll be a great memory if you'll dance with her"

I wanna dance with you.

I wanted to tell her that but I was a coward. Wala akong ibang ginawa kundi kunin ang kamay na inilahad ni Troy at hinayaan siyang hilahin ako papunta sa gitna ng venue. Kami lang yung nandito sa dance floor. When I looked at everyone, nakita kong nakaupo na sa table namin si Kate at T na parang kinakausap si Veen. Habang si Jamie at ate Nita naman ay kumukuha ng drinks pero nakatingin sa amin. Ki and Jane were both shaking their heads. Si Chris at Liam lang yung maingay at nagc-cheer sa amin.

"Mon? Let's start dancing?"

Troy gave me a smile and gently wrapped my arms on his nape before wrapping his hands on my waist. We're too close and to be honest I am not feeling the same comfort I felt when I was this close to Veen. Being close to Veen made me feel safe and....happy.

What's happening? Bakit ang daming realizations na pumapasok sa isip ko? Don't tell me...

"Mon"

Napatigil ako sa pag-iisip dahil sa pagtawag ni Troy. I met his eyes so I gave him a small smile. Mon, siya yung suitor mo di ba? Why are you stepping back right now? You should feel comfortable with him. You like him, right?

Like not love.

"So, is Veen right?"

"H-Huh?"

I was confused. Right about what?

He chuckled and showed me his dimples.

"You're cute. I'm asking if she's right about you liking Taylor Swift?"

"I don't like her, I love her"

Just like Veen.

W-What?!

"I see. So this song, is it one of your favorites?"

I nodded at him. Not only favorite.

"This song has a special place in my heart because of a special memory"

Because I danced to this song with Veen. This song is special because Veen is special.

"Then I will be happy to spend this special memory with you and this song"

And before I could even realize why Sweet Nothing and Veen is very special to me, I already felt Troy's lips touching mine.

I got numb. I was dumbfounded that I forgot to react!

What the hell!?

- SAM

Liam and Chris were shouting and cheering while we're all watching Troy and Mon kissing.