UNOFFICIALLY

- MON

Veen has been driving for 10 minutes already going to the golf course where she and my Dad will play and we haven't said a single word to each other yet. Simula nang magpaalam ako kay Troy kanina at sumakay sa loob ng sasakyan niya ay hindi siya nagsasalita, hindi niya rin ako tinitingnan. Nasa kalsada lang ang buong atensyon niya.

The best part of riding Veen's car is her random glances at me and our smile at each other everytime we have eye contact. And everytime that happens, Stephen Speaks' Passenger seat is playing on my mind and I don't know why but it always made me feel good.

"What's on your mind bub?"

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko. I don't like it when she's being so quiet around me. Sanay na akong tahimik siya sa iba but not to me. It makes me scared if she's being quiet to me because it means something is wrong.

Veen made a stop when we arrived at the parking lot of the golf course. Hindi niya pa rin sinasagot ang tanong ko. She got out of the driver's seat and went to my side to open the door for me. Lumabas ako ng sasakyan at tiningnan siya.

"Babi"

I said in a soft voice. Hindi niya pa rin ako sinagot at pumunta sa likod ng sasakyan niya para kunin ang mga golf stick at damit niya. Veen has a lot of cars, she likes crossover SUVs. She is adventurous and sporty so she likes her cars big and she likes to use different cars according to where she goes. Her Jimny when she goes to school, her Wrangler when she goes out of town and off road, her Renegade or Compass when she goes out normally, which is most of the time with me. Lahat ng mga sasakyan niya ay may kanya-kanyang gamit na nakalagay according to what she usually does or where she usually goes if she's using them. Veen is very rich, so she can have anything she wants anytime.

Lumapit siya sa akin nang bitbit niya na ang mga gamit niya at hinawakan niya ang kamay ko.

"Let's go?"

I just nodded so she gently pulled me and we started walking. I got it. She does not want to talk. Hahayaan ko nalang muna siyang maglaro. I'll just talk to her later.

* * *

"So Sam, how's your flying exercises? Your Dad told me it's gonna be a lot since you're graduating?"

Dad asked Veen while we're eating lunch. It's already past 12PM when their game ended kaya dumiretso kami sa favorite resto ni Mom to eat lunch. Veen is still not talking to me that much. Hindi niya naman ako iniignore but she just talk when it's needed. She just kept herself busy in playing with Dad habang kami naman ni Mom ay nanonood lang sa kanila.

Golf actually bores me but I like it when Veen plays especially with Dad. Napakaraming bagay ang nagpapabore sakin kasi most of the time yung hilig ko is just to chill and eat pero kapag si Veen ang gumagawa ng mga bagay na yun it makes me amused and entertained. I like it when she does something even if it's boring for me. Weird but yeah.

"Yes Tito. We'll be flying to Pampanga tomorrow po for our 2 weeks of flying exercises."

"2 weeks is kinda long Sam. I'm sure this baby will surely miss you"

Mom pointed at me so I pouted at her. Pinaalala niya pa talaga na matagal ang 2 weeks. I looked at Veen who's sitting beside me when I heard her chuckle because of what my Mom said.

"I know Mon can now take care of herself Tita. I'll make sure to have Kate and Jamie check on her from time to time po"

I looked at her softly. She really cares about me and it makes my heart melt. Inilagay ko ang kaliwang kamay ko sa lap niya so she looked at me and smiled beforse she continued eating.