DANCE

-MON

"Oh my God Granny!"

I screamed in excitement upon seeing my grandmother. Kakababa palang namin ni Veen galing sa kwarto and si Granny at Pops agad ang nakaagaw ng atensyon ko. They were on the living room, talking with the rest of our family. They stood up as soon as they saw me.

It's been a while since I saw them. Umuwi kasi sila ng England 3 months ago to visit my cousins and to check on Granny's business. They were supposed to come home for my birthday but because of what happened with Veen, Granny got stressed out and she became weak so they decided to stay there longer. Ayaw ni Pops na lalo lang siyang mastress pag umuwi sila dito tapos hindi pa nakikita si Veen. My grandparents love her as well, they're so fond of her. Kaya masyado din silang naapektuhan ng nangyari sa kanya.

I miss Granny, nung mga panahong hindi ko alam kung anong gagawin ko dahil sa mga nangyayari she never failed to check on me through facetime or imessage kahit alam kong nag-aalala din siya kay Veen. She often sends me quotes or anything that will motivate me.

She's cute, I know.

"I miss you my Monica"

She said as soon as I hugged her tight. Pops on the other hand went closer to us and he kissed my head. I miss them both.

Granny pulled away from the hug and cupped my face to look at me. She gave me her beautiful smile.

"I heard about your acceptance in Paris. I am so proud of you"

I smiled back. Sometimes, hearing someone tells you that they're proud of you is enough motivation for you to keep dreaming and to keep doing good.

"Thank you Granny. You and Mom always dreamt for me to go to that school and I'm happy that I'm finally pursuing that"

Inakbayan siya ng Lolo ko and he gave me the same smile that his wife gave me.

"Whatever school it is, we are happy as long as you're happy. We will always be proud of you, Patricia Monica"

I almost teared up because of what Pops said. Nakangiti lang ako sa kanilang dalawa while holding back my tears when I felt someone wrap her hand around my waist. I looked at my right side and was greeted by Veen's smiling pretty face. Nang makita niyang naluluha ako ay agad niyang hinalikan ang noo ko and caressed my cheeks.

Lord, this is really too good to be true but I'm praying for this to stay forever. I'll also do my best to keep this forever. I will do my best to keep this girl.

After comforting me, Veen removed her hand from my waist and hugged Granny who became quite emotional upon seeing her. I know she feels so relieved that Veen is safe and is in front of her.

"Hello Granny. I am happy to see you again po"

Dahil sa sinabi ni Veen, umiyak ang Lola ko. She hugged Veen tightly while my Pops gave my girlfriend a fist bump.

"You were brave, kid. I'm happy to see you safe and healthy"

Veen smiled at him while she's still hugging my Granny. Dahan-dahan niyang hinagod ang likod nito para pakalmahin. I looked at our family. Our Moms are getting emotional while our Dads are comforting them. Si Lola A naman ay nakasandal kay Lolo Vincent na nakaakbay sa kanya habang tinitingnan nila si Veen na kayakap ni Granny.

"That's enough, dear. We still have a party to prepare for"

Dahan-dahang hinawakan ni Pops ang magkabilang balikat ni Granny para bumitaw siya sa pagkakayakap kay Veen. Granny wiped her tears and kissed my girlfriend's cheek. Nang bumalik siya sa tabi ko ay agad niyang hinanap ang kamay ko. She held it and intertwined our fingers.