LONELY

- SAM

I was laughing because Jamie and Nita keeps on teasing Taylor who's already blushing so red when I noticed that Mon is not here yet. It's already 20 minutes past 12. I was about to stand up when her friends arrived at our table, they look nervous.

"Hey guys, where's Mon?"

They looked at each other after I asked my question. Is there something wrong?

"A-Ahh M-Miss Sam, s-sumama po siya kay Troy para maglunch"

The cheerful mood on our table went away because of what Kianna answered. I glanced at the boba tea I bought for Mon. It's her favorite. I know the upcoming exams are stressing her out lately so I wanted to somehow make her feel better. That's why I also asked her to go to Batangas tomorrow so she can unwind- at least before the exam starts.

She's with that guy again huh.

"What's wrong? Does Pat have an admirer?"

No one from my friends answered Nita's question so I looked at her and smiled.

"Yes she does. See? She's no longer a little kid, Nita. You should stop teasing her"

Instead of smiling, she gave me a worried look. I did not entertain her reaction, instead, I looked up at Mon's friends and smiled at them.

"Thank you for being honest guys. You can sit down and have your lunch now"

Jamie tapped the seat next to her to gesture them. The two girls shyly smiled at me and sat beside Jamie. I know they're still walking in tiptoe around me because I don't acknowledge them that much. I just focus at Mon most of the time and I barely care about others. Probably the reason why some see me as a snob.

"Here"

I gave Nita the boba tea. I can't throw this out, that's wasting food. But Anita did not accept it, instead she looked at me.

"Sam"

There's worry in her voice. She sounds like she's trying to make sure that what I feel is the same as how I act.

"It's fine. Mon is growing up. She can make her own decisions now"

I proudly said to her. I am proud, really. Mon is getting brave and starting to decide for herself. I don't want her to have hesitations when it comes to what she wants to do just because she'll be thinking that it'll be not what I want. I am her best friend, she sees me as a sister that she can rely on all the time. I cannot blame her if she doesn't see me the way I see her. She doesn't know, and God, if I can only tell her about it I would tell her I love her millions of times.

I did not talk anymore. I don't want to talk about what I feel for Mon because her friends are here. I just want to go on with my day and make sure that she can go back safely- from wherever that guy took her.

Hey Bun, enjoy your lunch. Please text me once you're back at school. Be safe please.

Love you

As soon as the message was delivered I saw that she read it but she did not reply. I just sighed and stood up.

"Hey guys, I need to go to Mom. She needs me for something. T, take care of Nita please"

"You sure you don't want us to come with you? I'm available until 2"

"No Kate, just keep Nita company. Thank you"

I kissed Nita's cheek and before she could say anything I already walked out of the cafeteria. I don't want her to be asking me things about Mon when her friends are there. I'll just talk to her later.