BACK

- SAM

I decided to stop over our dorm before going out with Mon and T to change into something comfortable. T and I no longer have any flying exercises for today so we can excuse ourselves. And Lolo is here so I know our instructors will be busy with him.

I'm tying my shoes when that kiss flashed into my mind again. It's not a kiss though, it was almost a kiss. I was inches away from Mon that it almost gave me a heart attack. It's the second time that I was not able to stop myself from wanting to kiss her and it was also the second time that she did not resist. And with how she reacted by pinching Taylor on the cheeks for spoiling it, I can really tell that she was also anticipating for it.

I was afraid. Afraid that she might push me away when I go overboard like that but I am somehow relieved that she also wants it. I don't want Mon to do something that's against her will. I also don't want to do something to her without her consent. That would be the last time that I will attempt to kiss her. I should stop myself.

"Bub?"

I stopped from overthinking when I heard her voice. She entered my room and sat beside me on the bed.

"Hey Bunny, you should have waited on the car. I'm almost done"

She hugged me from the side and rested her head on my shoulder. I held her waist.

"Naiinip na si T tapos ang ingay niya kasi nag-aaway sila sa VC ni Jamie so I went out to get you. Can we not go? Dito lang tayo, I'd rather stay here with you bago kami umuwi"

I like that too. But I might not be able to resist and stop myself again if we will be on the same room for a long time. Lately, it takes me a lot of effort to avoid kissing her and telling her that I love her more than a friend. It's kinda frustrating and hard but I need to endure. Her birthday is 9 days from today and until then, I need to keep myself from being vocal about what I feel.

Almost there Veen.

"I also love that Bun. But I also want to spend time with you outside. It's been a while after our last coffee date. Even if we have an annoying T with us today I don't wanna miss this chance"

She chuckled because I called T annoying. Do you still think about that kiss Bun?

I stood up and offered her my hand.

"Let's go?"

She gladly took it and we walked from my room towards the car holding each other's hand. These things, I hope I could still do this with her in the future. Whether she will give me back the same feelings I give her or not, I hope she will not remove me from her life.

I helped her get inside the front seat and fastened her seatbelt. She gave me a sweet smile after saying her thanks. The reason why it always make me happy to take care of her is because she always show me how thankful she is and how happy she is that I'm doing those things for her. Mon is a very expressive person, something that makes the two of us different from each other. She is very transparent when it comes to what she feels. That's why I also taught her to handle her emotions properly, because people might take advantage of her if she's too true to what she feels.

"Hoy grumpy hindi mo ko papansinin?"

Before I started driving, T showed me her phone and Jamie is still on the screen with Kate. I waved at them.

"I can see your stressed face from here, Jame"

"Ginawa mo pang stressed, pwede mo naman sabihing ugly"

We all laughed because of Kate's comment. Jamie started hitting her so I shook my head and faced the steering wheel instead. T continued talking to our friends and boy they are so loud and chaotic. I started the engine and before I started driving, I glanced at the girl beside me.