CONTENTMENT

- MON

"Hmm? Hungry?"

Veen asked me when I hugged her from behind while she's cooking breakfast. The yellow lighting on her kitchen is making me feel warm and having Veen cook in front of me makes it warmer. This kind of comfort is what I will always be asking from someone if I marry someday. Gusto ko ganito ka komportable ang pakiramdam ko sa taong mahal ko.

"Kinda. But I also want to hug you"

Inalis niya ang mga kamay kong nakabalot sa bewang niya para harapin ako. She looks hot wearing her apron while her hair is on a messy bun. I closed my eyes when she reached for my forehead and kissed it.

"You've been clingy since last night. Do you wanna tell me something?"

I shook my head.

"No po. I don't have anything to tell you except that I wanna hug you"

I lied, I really want to tell her about Troy courting me but I think this is not the right time. I don't want to ruin her mood after what happened last night. Speaking of Troy, he sent me a lot of messages earlier when I woke up. Probably because the alcohol already wore off. Hindi ko siya nireplyan. I just tweeted a photo of me and Veen before I turned my phone to airplane mode.

When I go here with Veen I make sure that I disconnect myself from everyone else and enjoy the moment with her.

"Hmm. Come here"

She pulled me closer to her and hugged me so I hugged her back.

"I transferred your books to the car I used. You can get them if you want to study later alright?"

I nodded. For my convenience, nilalagay ni Veen sa trunk ng sasakyan niya ang mga libro ko. She's been doing that since I was in high school. Ayaw niyang nagsusuot ako ng mabigat na bag just for the sake of carrying my books so nilalagay niya nalang sa sasakyan niya para pwede ko lang kunin ang kailangan ko anytime. She really makes my life easier.

She continued cooking while I was watching her. I could do this all day. Watch her do chores while I sit and adore her. She looks so responsible. Ang swerte-swerte ng taong mamahalin ni Veen. Speaking of mamahalin, hindi ko pa siya natatanong if she likes someone.

"Veen, may nagugustuhan ka na ba?"

She stopped from whisking the egg because of my question. She looked at me.

"Why the sudden question?"

Nagkibit balikat ako. I was just curious. I never heard her talk about liking someone. I even don't know if she likes girls or guys. She gives off same vibes like Taylor's and T like girls so I am wondering if she does the same. Can Veen really like girls?

"Wala lang. Curious lang ako kasi you never talked about liking someone so if you do I want to be the first to know. Do you like girls like Taylor does?"

She continued cooking as if my question is normal and okay.

"I like someone"

Three words, she only said three words but I somehow felt a small pang on my chest when I heard that. Is it because I'm scared that someone will steal her away from me? Pero kasi hindi ko naman talaga pwedeng itali sa akin si Veen habangbuhay. Kung magkakagusto ako sa iba dapat hayaan ko din siyang magkagusto din sa iba di ba?

Hindi ako sumagot sa kanya kasi alam kong may sasabihin pa siya. She continued talking while frying the egg.

"I like someone for a long time already. I'm just waiting for her to be ready so I could tell her that I like her"