DARKNESS

- MON

I woke up to a familiar kiss on my head and I smiled as I slowly opened my eyes. There, I met hers. Those eyes that has always been looking at me with admiration and love.

Veen's eyes.

"Good morning babi"

She smiled when I greeted her and gave me a peck on my lips. I still can't believe that she's mine now. Napakasaya ko.

"Good morning, love. Breakfast is ready, let's eat?"

Dahan-dahan niya akong tinulungan na makabangon mula sa pagkakahiga. I looked at the glass window and saw the waves of the ocean as it danced under the morning sun. Nandito kami sa resthouse niya sa Batangas, we wanted to have a short break for a while since weekend naman so we went here and spent time with each other.

Hindi ko namalayan na habang nakatingin ako sa dagat ay lumabas na ng kwarto si Veen. What's wrong? Mabilis akong bumaba para sundan siya.

"Babi?"

She's not answering.

"Love? Where are you?"

Wala siya sa kitchen. Wala din sa living room. I immediately went out and there I saw her walking towards the sea.

"Babi? Babi!"

I shouted but she did not seem to hear me. Okay pa kami kanina ah? What's wrong? Mabilis akong tumakbo para puntahan siya but for some reason I felt my body froze. Hindi ako makagalaw.

"No. No. Veen no!"

My tears began to fall as I helplessly witnessed how she went to the ocean and started swimming away. No. Why is she leaving me?! She cannot leave me!

"Veen come back! No!"

I am desperately calling for her while crying so hard. Nang makagalaw na ako ay siya namang pagkawala niya sa dagat. I can no longer see her. I was just turning around while crying with my hand on my chest desperately hoping that I'll get a glimpse of her. God! Please help.

"Veen no! Come back! Wag mo kong iwan!"

"MON! Wake up please!"

I felt someone shaking me nonstop until I finally woke up. Umiiyak na mukha ni Kate ang tumambad sa akin nang magising ako. And once I remembered my dream and the last thing I heard before I passed out earlier, I cried again.

It was not a fucking dream. Veen left. She's nowhere to be found.

"N-No. Kate, p-please tell me s-she's back. I-I need her. I love her. So much. I need to tell her that. I-I just realized everything l-last night when Troy kissed me. I love Veen. I've been loving her since I don't know when. I want her back, K-Kate I need her back. Please"

I was crying hard and Kate just gave me a helpless look while crying before she hugged me. I closed my eyes as I felt the pain. Hindi ko kayang tanggapin. Hindi ko alam kung anong una kong maramdaman. Ang sakit ba, ang pighati, ang pangungulila o ang pagsisisi. Maybe I can just feel them all at once until I'm numb? Maybe by then everything will go away. Maybe I can just go away and be with Veen, wherever she is right now.

"Mon, we are still looking for her. Lolo Vincent is doing his best. Your Dad and Tito Sam are also looking for her with the coast guard"

I opened my eyes and looked at Jamie with tears blurring out my vision.

"Your friends and Troy's gang already went home an hour ago so they could rest. While your Mom is with Lolo Vincent, Lola A and tita Lourdes on the penthouse. Do you wanna go there?"