FIGHT

- SAM

As soon as I turned off my car's engine, my phone rang and I saw Elizabeth's name on the caller ID so I immediately answered it.

"Hey, Liz"

"Hey sungit"

"Are you having fun with the gang?"

"Yes, they're so fun to be with. Kinakausap na din ako ni Kate though madalang lang but we have an improvement! Mon's also here. Nasaan ka ba?"

Her voice sounds very excited and happy. It's Saturday today and the gang invited me to go out as a celebration for me being home after almost 2 months of being out of touch. I asked them to go with Liz first since I have an important errand to do.

Liz and I became very close in just a span of 7 weeks because she is not hard to like. She radiates this kind of positive aura that gives you enough energy to conquer the day. That's why I call her sunshine.

I was very happy when I met her at Kate's place in Baguio. She's on break from November until January so we spent a lot of time together. She taught me a lot of things especially when it comes to plants. She's very good in agriculture and it makes me happy to see her do what she likes in the field because she looks so passionate about it. It gives me a different kind of comfort. It makes me motivated to be like her- to do what I love to do, whether it's big or small, simple or complicated, as long as it's something that I like and something that gives me peace.

Before, what I do that makes me happy and gives me peace is everything I do for Monica. In other words, Mon is my happiness and peace for the last few years until 2 months ago. Having to experience that accident and that agony of floating in the middle of the sea with a small possibility of surviving, it made me think about my life for the past years. And then I realized that it all revolved around Monica, that I failed to do something for myself except for being with Monica.

I'm not saying loving her was a bad choice, but what I have realized is, making her my world is the bad choice. It's not what I feel, it was my actions. I had a lot of things I haven't done because I was so busy thinking about Mon, being with her.

When I met Liz, I realized more the importance of doing something that will make yourself happy. Whether it will take disconnecting yourself from everyone, leaving a life that you were used to, or leaving everyone you loved and cared about- may it be temporary or permanent.

"I just need to check on something for a short while. Don't worry, I'll be there after an hour"

I heard her sigh on the other line. I know it's very difficult for her to be alone with my friends, especially with Kate. She wants to stay here in Manila until the 23rd because she wants to at least spend time with Kate and make up with her. She said she's been feeling guilty for all the things that Kate had to experience because of being compared to her. She felt like she needs to stand up and stop being a coward so they can break the walls between them. They're no longer kids so they should settle things in a mature way.

She also miss Kate. She really wants to be close to her because she finds her really cool and she looks up to Katelyn for being a responsible and honest girl. She admired her courage to go against their family's norm of being in the agriculture field and fought for her dream to be a fashion designer.

Kate is indeed a brave and responsible girl.

"Alright, you take care okay? Hindi niya man sinasabi sa amin pero alam kong hinahanap ka niya Sam, I can see it in her eyes"

Her last sentence is almost a whisper. I know she's talking about Mon.

I chose not pay attention to it.