CONGRATULATIONS

- MON

As soon as my phone rang, I immediately smiled when I saw Veen's name on the caller ID. She's trying to do a facetime kaya mabilis akong tumakbo papunta sa bed ko at humiga. Buti nalang bago yung sheets ko, she won't know that I'm at home.

I composed myself and acted like I just woke up before I answered her call. I faked a yawn to make it more realistic.

"Good morning, love"

She said in a sweet voice and kissed her phone like she's kissing me. Napangiti naman ako dahil sa ginawa niya. She's been doing the same thing for the last four months everytime she calls me in the morning, which is almost noon in PH time.

"Good morning, babi. I just woke up po"

Damn. She never failed to look so beautiful kahit nasa screen lang siya. Miss na miss ko na siya. She has been busy for the past few weeks kaya almost a month ago pa kami huling nagkita.

It's already the 27th of April year 2023. Kakauwi ko lang sa Pilipinas galing ng Paris to attend Veen's graduation day tomorrow. Actually, sinabi ko sa kanyang hindi ako makakauwi because I wanted to surprise her that's why I'm acting like I'm still in Paris right now.

What happened for the last 4 months?

It pass by so fast because we're happy. I flew to Paris last January 5th after celebrating the New Year with Veen and our family. Hinatid lang nila kami sa airport since pinagbawalan ko pa siyang sumakay ng eroplano. Mom and Dad helped me settle in Paris and they stayed there for a week. They really took time off from work just to make sure that I'm comfortable. It was also Veen's favor according to them. I was so emotional that time na halos hindi na ako tumuloy.

I was scared of the idea that I'll be away from Veen for a long time. Natatakot ako sa thought na baka hindi ko kayanin ang kung anong mangyayari sa akin sa Paris because she's not there. I just felt at ease when she told me that she'll get well as soon as possible so I can let her go there to visit me.

Truth be told, after her Psychiatrist told us that she's better, she went back to flying to finish her remaining required hours for their flying exercise. Takot na takot ako nung mga panahon na yun kasi parang ako ata yung nagkaphobia for her when it comes to flying. Sa 3 days na nasa Pampanga siya to do her flying exercise, wala ako sa focus. My professors even talked to me about it because they noticed my uneasiness especially during class. I just assured them that I'm fine and I'm doing my best. Buti nalang natapos siyang ligtas. Hindi ko na alam kung anong gagawin ko kapag naaksidente pa siya ulit.

After her flying exercises, agad siyang lumipad sakin. She has been flying to Paris almost every weekend. One time, I scolded her because I was so mad when I saw how exhausted she is. She said it was fine but when I talked to Taylor she told me that Veen was studying a lot and was doing a lot of things with their thesis. After ko siyang pagalitan ay every after 2 weeks nalang siya pumupunta at nags-stay sakin. But nevertheless, our communication has been consistent kahit busy siya. Kahit these past few weeks hindi siya nakapunta sa Paris she never failed to check on me in the morning and after my class kahit magkaiba yung timezone namin.

And her consistency made me fall for her deeper and deeper as days pass by. Veen is just someone that you can't help but fall in love with and be head over heels with. Napakathoughtful niya as a partner.

Kung parati niya akong sinusurprise sa mga effort niya, this is my chance to give back. She has been telling me about her graduation day since last week pero I acted like I'm not sure about going home. Yesterday when she asked me if I'll go home I told her that I can't kasi may practical exam kami sa Uni. She was disappointed but she understood. Hindi niya alam na papunta na ako nun sa airport. Lolo Vincent really sent me their jet na sinakyan ko pauwi. Everyone knows about me going home except for Veen. The gang are excited as well. Lahat sila g-graduate tomorrow and my Veen will be the Summa Cum Laude of their batch so I cannot miss it for the world.