EPILOGUE

OCTOBER 17, 2030

After I heard the shutter sound of my phone's camera, I smiled and looked at my wife and our kids. The twins are so happy and excited to see a deer and their Momma is trying to calm them down.

"They look so beautiful, Captain"

I looked at Taylor and gave her a smile. It's Monica's 25th birthday and she wanted the twins to have their very first out of the country vacation so we decided to fly to Finland, because the kids also grew some obsession with deers.

Kasama kong pumunta dito ang barkada. Our parents decided to stay at home since they want this to be our first outside the country vacation as a family. Unfortunately, my friends did not have the kind of thoughtfulness and consideration. Nang malaman nilang aalis kami ng bansa ay pinilit talaga nilang sumama. I was really against it at first but Mon asked me to let them come with us. Wala na rin akong nagawa kundi pumayag dahil siya naman yung may birthday.

We're married for 4 years now. We've had a lot of ups and downs of course but nevertheless we're happy. My life is already complete because I have a very beautiful and caring wife and she gave me 2 beautiful and playful kids.

Monica really wanted to have a child so we did everything we can to have a baby through IVF. She specifically chose the donor with the same features as mine because she wanted our child to look like me.

It was not an easy journey especially when we found out that they're twins. I almost lost all three of them at one point because Mon's pregnancy was very complicated and sensitive but I'm really thankful because she was so brave to fight for her life and for our twins.

They're fraternal twins, a girl and a boy and they just turned 2 last September. IVF twins are very rare and very dangerous because it entails a lot of complications both for the mother and the babies but I guess I'm just really lucky because my wife and my kids are healthy and they survived death. Another reason for me to be thankful to God for the rest of my life.

"They do, T. I will be forever grateful for having them in my life"

If I haven't met Mon, I think my life's gonna be a boring and unending cycle of meetings, phone calls and business discussions. For me, my fate was already decided the moment I was born as Samantha Veen Cordova and that's gonna be as the heir who will follow her grandfather's footsteps.

Turns out I thought wrong. Fate introduced Monica to me, she did not changed my fate though, instead, she just made everything I do within that course of fate worth it. She brought balance and color to my world when I thought it's just gonna be an empty and dull place. She made me believe in love and made me feel things I never thought I would feel for someone. She made me so thankful for the life I have and the life I fought for.

"Love, you're spacing out"

I stopped staring at my phone where I posted Monica's photo with our kids that I just took minutes ago and looked at my wife who's giving me a worried expression. I smiled at her and held her hand. Ngayon ko lang namalayan na siya na pala yung nasa tabi ko, hindi ko na makita si Taylor at ang kambal.

"Where's T and the kids, love?"

She also held my hand and gently stroked it to make it warm. The weather is already cold in Finland since it's winter season now.

"The kids are inside, love. I asked T to bring them inside because the weather is getting colder. Are you okay? Kanina ka pa tulala sa phone mo. Is it about work?"

Ngumiti ako sa kanya at ibinigay ang phone ko para makita niya ang tweet. I then held her waist and kissed her head while she's looking at their photo.