WAIT

- MON

I was just smiling while I'm looking at our family and friends who's talking to Veen with smiles and relief painted on their faces. It's already past 8PM and everyone rushed to the hospital as soon as they heard about her waking up.

They're all here. Lola A, Lolo Vincent, Tita Lourdes, Mom, the gang, Tito Sam and Daddy.

Napuno ng iyakan at tawanan ang kwarto ni Veen and I was just looking at them the whole time. Napakasaya ko dahil nakikita kong nasa maayos na ang lagay niya.

"You look so in love Mon"

Napatingin ako kay Tito Samuel dahil sa sinabi niya. Hindi niya na suot ang doctor's coat niya dahil tapos na ang shift nila ni Dad. He's now holding a glass of wine that Lolo Vincent brought for their celebration.

"I was very late, Tito. Nakakalungkot lang po na kinailangan pang maghirap ni Veen ng tatlong araw sa gitna ng dagat just for me to realize how important she is in my life, how I love her and how I don't want to lose her"

Out of all the wrong decisions I made, hurting Veen was the cruelest of them all. I feel so self-centered. Ang tagal kong nagpakamain character sa aming dalawa. She has always been considerate of me and what I feel. She has always been understanding and patient. But all I gave her back is pain and heartbreak. Napakatanga ko.

"Love is never too late, Mon. Hindi nasusukat ng kung sino ang nauna ang tunay na pagmamahal. Maybe that's the reason why God gave Veen back. Why He guided her back to us. Maybe because you still have a lot of memories to create and happiness to feel with each other"

Ngumiti ako kay Tito Samuel at ibinalik ang tingin ko kay Veen. She's smiling while talking to Lola A. She looks pure and vulnerable at the same time. After what happened with her, all I ever wanna do everytime I look at her is hold her and keep her safe.

Maybe it's a defense mechanism that I created during that time that I was waiting for her return? Siguro masyado kong pinuno ng pag-aalala at pagkakabahala ang utak ko na ngayong nandito na siya ayoko siyang iwan as much as possible dahil natatakot akong hindi ko siya maprotektahan sa kung anong masamang mangyayari.

"Do you trust me when it comes to making her happy, Tito?"

Hindi ko tiningnan si Tito Samuel nang tinanong ko siya. I'm afraid to meet his eyes in case he will not give me the answer that I want. But his answer melted my heart that I was not able to stop myself from looking at him.

"The moment you met Sam and the moment I saw the way she smile when she's with you, I already know since then that you can make her the happiest person, Mon. I will always trust you, anak"

With teary eyes and melting heart, I looked at Veen after smiling at her Dad. There, I met her eyes.

Those beautiful eyes that always looked at me with love.

She slowly nodded, asking me to go to her. May sinabi siya sa mga kaibigan namin at kay Lolo at Lola na nagpatango sa kanila habang nakangiti sa akin bago sila umalis sa tabi niya. Tumingin ako kay Tito Samuel to ask for permission to leave him for the mean time and he nodded his head. Nakasalubong ko pa ang mga kaibigan namin nang naglakad ako papunta kay Veen and they all teased me.

"You look nervous, little kid"

Jamie stated the obvious, Kate gently pinched her.

"Shut up, Jame. Goodluck little kid"

She also whispered. Nginitian ko lang sila at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. Nang makarating ako sa tabi ni Veen ay hinawakan ko ang kamay niya, but I froze when she slowly took it away. W-Why?