FLY

- MON

"Good morning babygirl"

"Good morning Mommy"

I smiled at my Mom when I saw her on the dining table. Nakabihis na ako and I'm ready for school. I looked at my phone. Veen called me earlier to wake me up. She told me that she's preparing as well. 8AM ang start ng exercises nila today eh.

When I was done getting ready I texted her that I'll be eating breakfast pero hindi na siya nagreply. I sighed. First day niya palang sa Pampanga pero namimiss ko na siya.

"What's with the long face?"

Lumapit si Mommy sa akin nang makaupo na ako kaya niyakap ko ang bewang niya. I buried my face on her tummy.

"I miss Veen mom"

I heard her chuckle so I pouted.

"Baby, malapit lang si Sam. She'll be home soon. I'm sure she misses you too"

"I wanna see her Mom"

Dahan-dahan niyang hinawakan ang mga kamay ko at kinuha ito sa bewang niya so I could see her properly.

"You'll see her on Saturday baby. Sa birthday ni Jamie. Pupunta kayong Mt. Pinatubo di ba?"

Right. I told her about the trip yesterday. I also went to Dad in the hospital with Jamie and Kate after naming ihatid si Veen because they wanted to ask for his permission personally. Buti nalang naabutan namin siyang nakabreak. He did not have any problem with it, he just made sure that Veen will be there with me. Jamie promised him that Veen will be there and he agreed.

Ang laki talaga ng tiwala nila kay Veen.

"Matagal pa yung Saturday mom. I wish I could see her sooner"

"I wish I could take you to her baby kaso busy ako eh. Alam mo din na hindi ka papayagan ng Daddy mo na pupunta doon ng mag-isa"

I sighed again. I guess I really need to wait for Saturday?

"Alright Mom. I'll just call her later"

"Good. Now let's eat"

Nagsimula na kaming kumain ni Mommy. When I was done eating I got excited because of my phone's notification sound. Lumabas naman si Mom papuntang living room dahil may tao daw sa gate. I got disappointed when the notification came from Troy's text message.

Good morning pretty. I'm on my way now.

Hindi ko siya nireplyan. True, I get excited when Troy text me or fetch me pero kasi iba pa rin talaga yung excitement ko kay Veen. Kahit ilang beses niya na akong sinundo mula noon hindi talaga nawawala yung excitement. I still feel the same giddiness.

When I was done brushing my teeth I took my bag from the seat and went to the living room. Palabas na sana ako para magpaalam kay Mom nang makasalubong ko siya sa sala. She was smiling while holding a bouquet of carnation flowers. She handed it to me.

"Someone wanted to give this to you"

I took the bouquet and read the letter that came with it.

You are as beautiful as these flowers. I hope you'll have a great day.

I automatically smiled after reading it. Kahit walang pangalan ng nagbigay alam ko kung kanino to galing. I will never forget about Veen's beautiful handwriting. Para akong tangang nakatitig lang sa mga bulaklak, I even smelled them and they smelled like her. I guess they put some of her perfume here. Sino kaya ang intusuan niyang magpadala nito?

"Buo na ata ang araw mo? Ibang-iba yung mukha mo ngayon sa mukha mo kanina ah?"

Mom teased me. I gave her a shy smile. Mabilis akong umakyat papunta sa kwarto ko and took a photo of the flowers bago ko inilagay sa vase. Nang makababa ako ulit ay hinalikan ko sa pisngi si Mom na nagliligpit sa dining room.