SAFE

- MON

I slowly opened my eyes and woke up on Veen's chest. Hindi ko namalayang nakatulog na pala ako kanina habang nanonood kami ng movie. I looked at the beautiful person beside me. Nakapikit lang ang mga mata niya pero nang maramdaman niyang gumalaw ako para sumiksik lalo sa pagkakayakap sa kanya ay unti-unti siyang nagising. She looked at me.

"Hey cutie"

That made me giggle inside. Her voice was sexy because she just woke up. I glanced at my bedside table behind her and saw the time. It's already 25 minutes past 9PM.

"Babi I'm hungry"

I pouted at isiniksik pa lalo ang sarili ko sa kanya. I inhaled her addicting smell. There was never a time that Veen did not smell good. Nakakaadik ang amoy niya.

I heard her chuckle while I'm still hugging her. She hugged me back.

"I know bun. Your parents already ate dinner and I told them I'll just eat with you when you wake up. We did not want to wake you up either"

"Thank you babi"

We went silent for almost 3 minutes while still hugging each other. Gutom na ako yes pero mas gusto ko atang humiga lang sa kama ko habang kayakap ko si Veen.

She was the one to break the silence between us.

"Mon"

I slowly leaned back from hugging her to see her face because she sounded serious when she called my name. Is there something wrong? I did not answer her. She slightly looked down to meet my gaze. She was staring at me like she has a lot of things she wanted to say. What is it Veen?

"I just want you to know that I love you and I will always be here for you. I will always want to have you in my life"

Her eyes. Her eyes were telling me a lot more aside from the words she said. I can clearly see the sincerity, the longing and the honesty. I don't know. I did not know but it was so fast. Hindi ko namalayan na unti-unti nang lumalapit si Veen sa akin as if she's going to kiss me. Hindi ko din namalayan na hindi na ako gumagalaw, I just closed my eyes instead to wait for her lips to touch mine.

It was when I felt Veen's breathing my tummy let out a growl because of hunger.

Veen laughed because of that kaya napadilat ako. Hindi ko alam kung bakit but a part of me was disappointed when I saw her inches away from me already. Hindi na kasing lapit kanina. She was still laughing because of my tummy so I just smiled at her.

Veen almost kissed me and I did not know why I did not stop her. Gaga ka Monica.

"Bun?"

I was trying to sort everything about what almost happened that I did not notice Veen standing up. She was offering her hand to help me get up so I took it. Nang makatayo na ako ay hinalikan niya ako sa noo.

"Why are you blushing, bunny?"

Mahina ko siyang kinurot dahil sa sinabi niya. Hindi ko din alam. I am so confused. Was she making fun of me earlier?

"Shut up babi. Let's go na nga, gutom na ako"

I held her hand. Hinila ko nalang siya palabas ng kwarto ko papunta sa dining room. Nang makarating kami doon ay naglilinis si Mom kasama ang mga katulong sa bahay.

"Mommy, it's already late. You should be resting"

Mula sa pagkakatalikod ay umikot siya para tingnan kami ni Veen. She asked the maids to take over and walked towards us while smiling.

"Hello baby. How was your sleep?"

I let go of Veen's hand to hug my Mom's waist. I always hug her like this when I wake up. Hanggang ngayon baby pa rin talaga nila ako.