SHINE

- MON

"Thank you for helping me out, Engfa"

She gave me a smile after closing the door of her car. Nang makarating kami ng Baguio at bumaba ng terminal ay agad kaming sinalubong ng mga bodyguards niya. Nakasunod lang pala sila sa bus na sinasakyan namin. During the whole ride, we were just talking about her life in Netherlands and I somehow forgot about the sadness in my heart because of how talkative she is. Ang sarap niyang kausap.

She decided to bring me to the hotel that ate Kara told me about. I'm just very lucky that she was on that bus with me. She kept me safe and somehow, entertained.

"No worries, Pat. This is also a favor for Sam, she's a good friend eh"

"Oh my God! Engfa Dianne?"

Napatingin kami sa entrance ng hotel at nakita namin si ate Kara na nagmamadaling lumabas. It's really cold out here, buti nalang may spare jacket si Engfa sa sasakyan niya, she let me borrow it. Ate Kara immediately hugged me and kissed my cheeks before she did the same to Engfa.

"Hey Kara, how are you?"

"I am fine. Kelan ka lang umuwi? My gosh ang ganda mo na lalo!"

Engfa smiled because ate Kara sound so excited while talking. Kung hindi ko lang alam na may jowa siya I might also think that she likes this girl. Sino ba namang hindi magkakagusto sa kanya? There's no odd moments when you're with her. The girl she loves is very lucky. I hope they'll end up together.

"Kakarating ko lang ng Manila yesterday and decided to go home today. Nakasabay ko sa bus si Patricia. She almost got harassed K. Buti nalang nandun ako"

Tiningnan ako ng masama ni ate Kara dahil sa sinabi ni Engfa. Natatakot akong napayuko dahil sa ginawa niya. Kung nakakatakot si Kate, mas nakakatakot si ate Kara. They both have that older sister vibes pero mas natatakot talaga ako kay ate.

"Buti nalang talaga. Thank you for helping this stubborn little kid. Anyways, will you visit her in the Hacienda? I think she's free today. Alam niya na bang umuwi ka?"

Engfa shook her head. I think they're talking about the girl she likes. Nacurious tuloy ako sa kanya, gusto ko siyang makita. Bakit siya nasa Hacienda nina ate? Are they related?

"Si Dad lang may alam na umuwi ako. I'll just surprise her tomorrow? I'm a bit jet lagged pa eh"

Ate Kara nodded at her and went to my side. Nilagay niya ang kamay niya sa braso ko.

"Just ping me tomorrow then or you can always go to the Hacienda anytime you want"

"I will do that tomorrow. I'll see you then, Mon"

I nodded at Engfa and gave her my thanks again. She waved goodbye to me and ate Kara before she went inside her car and drove away.

"What am I gonna do with you Patricia Monica?"

I bit my lip as I look at ate Kara. She really looks like Katelyn, just more scary. She sighed at inakbayan ako, she's taller than Kate so she's definitely taller than me.

"Come here. Kakain tayo ng dinner, it's already almost 6PM. Magbihis ka muna"

She guided me towards my room. This hotel that we are in right now is very comfy. It's a rustic style hotel with a modern touch. Siguro if I am on vacation, I would enjoy staying here. Kaso hindi bakasyon ang pinunta ko dito eh, it's Veen.

"Ate who's Elizabeth?"

I asked ate Kara nang matapos akong maligo at magbihis, I took a hot shower because of the cold weather here. I'm now wearing a stripped pattern sweater, wide leg pants, black belted trench coat paired with a beanie and white converse shoes that I was wearing earlier. I think kinuha lang to lahat ni ate Kara sa boutique ni Kate. I'll just wire her some money for the payment later.