CELEBRATE

-MON

I woke up from the sound of the waves and when I realized that it's been a while since I slept peacefully like this, I smiled. Last night was like a dream- a dream come true.

Veen is a dream come true.

Speaking of Veen, I looked at my right side where she was sleeping. Wala na siya. And just like that, the anxiety that I have been feeling the past few weeks came back.

Dali-dali akong tumayo at lumabas ng kwarto. I don't care if I'm a mess, I need to fine her and make sure that everything that happened was not a dream.

I was relieved when I heard her voice from the kitchen.

"Anak, dapat nagpahinga ka pa. Mon might look for you when she wakes up"

Hindi muna ako pumasok sa kitchen para makinig sa kanila. I heard Tita Lourdes and my Mom's voice. I think the three of them are cooking.

Sumandal ako malapit sa pintuan. I can see the living room from where I am standing and the gang are still asleep. It's still dark outside, I think it's still dawn.

"Mommy it's okay, I want to cook breakfast for Mon. I haven't done this for a while"

My heart melted. It's true. Everything that happened last night is true. Thank God it's not a dream.

I crossed my arms and smiled as I continue to listen to them.

"My baby missed you a lot, anak. I'm sure she will be so happy knowing that you cooked for her"

Yes, Mommy. I am happy po. Kahit naman siguro hindi ako ipagluto ni Veen masaya na ako, having her is enough.

"Matagal kang hinintay ni Monica, anak. Simula noong naaksidente ka, walang araw na hindi ka niya hinintay. She was so strong to take care of us all while she's waiting for you. She was so selfless and patient"

I almost teared up because of what Tita Lourdes said. With everything that happened, the only regret that I can think of is being too late to realize that I love Veen, the rest are all worth it. Lahat ng sakit, pangungulila at paghihintay- they were all worth it.

"And I can really see now that my babygirl is no longer a baby, all the things that happened recently made her grow. Napakamature na ni Monica ngayon. She even started working out!"

The three of them chuckled as if I would be the last person in the world to work out. I pouted. Ganun na ba ako ka-unhealthy noon?

"I did saw her IG story last time, Tita. That actually made me mad because she was showing too much skin, but that was also the time I realized that she matured. She started to care about her health, about herself. That has always been my dream for her- for her to take care of herself and be independent. I was really sad and happy when I knew about her application for Paris, sad because she will not be with me for a while but also happy because she finally had the courage to get out of her comfort zone"

I heard some sigh after Veen talked about my Paris application. I bit my lip and my happiness was replaced by worry. Hindi pa pala kami nakakapag-usap about doon. Maybe I'll just cancel my application instead. Ngayon lang kami naging okay ulit, I cannot risk leaving her this early.

I know 3 years is not that long and we will always have a way to see each other. Money is not an issue, but time is. As much as possible, I don't want to leave Veen now that we're together. Ang dami ko pang pagkukulang sa kanya, I need to make it up to her.

"I know, the biggest reason why she applied is because she thought you guys will never be okay like before. Knowing that you're also the reason why she never applied for that school before. Ngayong okay na kayo, she will surely cancel that anak"