FOREVER

- MON

"Are you sure about this Kate?"

I asked Katelyn during the ride to Jamie's condo. Kakatapos lang namin pumuntang mall. We just bought some boho outfits after taking our brunch. She did bought me coffee to ease my hangover. Masakit pa din talaga yung ulo ko hanggang ngayon.

"About what Mon? About taking you there?"

Inalis ko ang tingin ko sa kanya at tumingin sa labas ng bintana. I already asked her the same thing a lot of times since earlier. Baka nga nakukulitan na siya sa akin. I really am waiting for her to answer no so I can have an excuse to go home and not go.

Natatakot talaga akong pumunta sa Batangas. Parang nagkaroon na ako ng anxiety when it comes to Veen. Being near her or hearing something about her makes me nervous and scared. It's making me sad because it should not be like this. I shouldn't be like this.

"Mon, I know you're anxious. But little kid, you'll be flying to Paris 2 weeks from now and you know that you need this. Maybe, if you and Sam are not really meant to be, this is your chance for closure so you can move on and have your own separate lives in peace"

My brain mentally gave out a bitter laugh because of what she said.

Sino ba namang mag-aakala na aabot kami sa point ni Veen na closure ang ibibigay namin sa isa't-isa? We used to promise each other that we will always be there. That we will always be together. I never thought that we will get to a point where we will have our own separate lives.

Inseparable no more.

Ang sakit. Napakasakit.

But like what Kate said, if this is the only way to have a peaceful life, maybe I can take this as a chance? For a better me. For a better Monica.

"Mon?"

Napatigil ako sa pag-iisip dahil sa pagtawag ni Kate. Hindi ko napansin na natulala na pala ako and we already arrived outside Jamie's condo. They also own this building by the way and she lives in the penthouse. Kate decided to park outside para hindi na kami pumunta pang lower ground.

"Tara na little kid"

Lumabas na siya ng sasakyan at kinuha ang mga binili naming damit sa trunk ng sasakyan niya. We also bought take out food for the gang kasi kanina pa naghahanap ng pagkain si Taylor and Jamie was so lazy to cook. For sure nag-aaway na naman sila.

As soon as Kate and I entered the building all the staff greeted us. We no longer need to tell the front desk about where we're going because they already know us. Since this is an exclusive condominium building, everyone is obliged to inform the front desk about their purpose if they are not a resident so they would need to undergo a strict security check. In our case, hindi na kailangan kasi parati naman kaming pumupunta dito since then.

When we entered the elevator, Kate pressed the penthouse which is on the 35th floor. It's very high, I know.

I just remained quiet. Maya-maya ay tiningnan niya ako at nginitian. She then gestured me to come near her. Inakbayan niya ako and tapped my shoulder.

"You'll be okay alright? Nandito kami"

I gave her a small smile and nodded.

"I just can't help it, Kate. Ang dami nang nangyari at natatakot ako sa pwede pang mangyari"

"I know you're scared and I can't blame you for that. These past few weeks ang dami mo nang pinagdaanan. Alam naming nahihirapan ka kahit pinipilit mong ipakita sa amin na okay ka. Alam kong mabigat, little kid. But we are always here, we're always willing to carry your burden with you"