𝟏𝟕- 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫

Imagine featuring Dave Mustaine

Edited: 22.05.2023

Your pov

Dave Mustaine was my world. And when I say my world, he was literally my world. The day I met him was so magical and he looked so amazing. We used to do everything together, everything. He was the sweetest soul, he was so funny and kind. People thought he was a horrible person just because he was a rock star. Well, the key word here is 'was'.

On April 11, 1983, Dave Mustaine got kicked out of Metallica, and I witnessed it. When Dave got fired from Metallica, I was in utter shock. He was always an alcoholic, but it was the way it affected him, well no one admitted that, but that's what everyone thought. Every day he'd come into the recording studio and always get into an argument or fight with James. At times, Lars or Cliff.

One time, He got jealous that Cliff and I were talking and messing around with each other, and he became violent. That became a re-accruing problem. It had become a war zone whenever Dave drank too much. Constant fighting and every single person was sick of it, sick of him.

Flashback

I had been woken up by James at around 7:47 am, he told me to get up and go shower. I knew something was up, James never ever gets up early, none of the guys do.

So, I did what he told me to do. When the clock read 9:00 they woke up Dave who was on the couch, he had the ugliest hangover ever.

"Wake up man!" Lars shouted as he shook him awake. Dave finally woke up. "What?" "You're out of the band," James announced, with no warning. "What? Is this some sick joke?!" Dave became angry, and that's when I kind of stopped listening. I was shocked, so I zoned out.

"See ya later." Everyone kind of just left him there, I went along with everyone else. I couldn't stand Dave anymore.

Well at this time, the guys hired a new lead guitarist, but I didn't know.

So when I walked into the studio that day, some curly-headed guy sat down, with a white electric guitar on his lap. He was actually the only person there, I closed the door behind me which made him look up at me. "Hey, you're y/n right?" He smiled, he was pretty cute actually.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah I am, you're the new guitarist I'm guessing." He nodded and I pulled up a chair. "I'm Kirk, Kirk Hammett by the way." Grinning, he held out his hand and I shook it. "Nice to meet you Kirk, I've heard you play, just hadn't seen you or known your name. You're pretty badass!" "Stop it you're flattering me!" We both chuckled. "No but seriously, you're sick at guitar, you make Metallica so good Kirk." Kirk and I hit it off that day. Becoming closer by the day.

That was like 11 years ago though. Now I'm sat in front of the TV with Kirk. Did I tell you Dave has a band? Yeah well, he does now, it's Metallica's rival basically. 'Dave Mustaine is with us right now!' Blared from the televison. "Oh no," I muttered, I pushed myself off of where I sat, going to change the channel. "Hey?" I turned my head to look over my shoulder. "What?" "Keep this on." I nodded in confusion and sat back down next to Kirk.

'So Dave what is your opinion on Kirk Hammett and Y/N L/N dating?" The interviewer asked, and I furrowed my brows, my eyes glued onto the tv screen. The camera turned to Dave. 'Well you know, she was my girl before that curly-haired freak came along. So when I got kicked out you know, I nailed her whilst she was with Kirk.' My jaw separated itself. I stared over to Kirk, who had the same expression.

"Why the fuck would he say that! We all know that's a fucking lie!" I shouted, getting up from the couch. "I know, it's bad honey. But, you know- I don't know what to do!" Kirk threw his hands up in defeat." "Well yeah you know me and Dave had a thing for a while, but he did not  fuck me! The last time I saw him was when the guys actually fired him! This makes me so- ugh! So fucking angry Kirk." Kirk pulled me in and held me tight.

The pair of us had no fucking idea what to do. Dave Mustaine has basically ruined me. "Everyone is going to think that he actually fucked me, Kirk!" I ran a hand through my hair, frustratedly.

"Why would Dave do this?" "You know why he would do this? He's jealous of us y/n, he's jealous that he could never have you again. That he could never ever have such a gorgeous and talented girlfriend. So he goes and makes up shif, who gives a single fuck. Everyone we know, knows the truth. So who gives a flying fuck about everyone else? Y/N I literally love you so so much, and you do not need to worry about this."

I smiled at Kirk and held him tighter, and closer. "I love you so much, Kirk." "I love you more."