𝟑𝟑- 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

1979

De Anza High School.

You drove down your street, speeding and swerving away from cars, desperately trying to get to school just on time. If you could speed your way to school, you could get there just in time.

You drove up and saw the traffic. "Shit!" You smacked your head on the car horn, causing everyone else to rapidly beep their horns. The first period was Advanced Math, in which you had no idea how you got into the class. The vice principal told you, that you were way too smart to be in any old maths class, so he placed you there instead.

Your teacher, Mr. Persson was the strictest teacher at De Anza. And you were just so lucky to have him as your mathematics teacher. So, you're going to be late to his class, and Mr.Persson hates kids who come into his class late.

So when the traffic finally started to move and go their separate ways, you were the last car to drive into the senior parking lot. You cursed under your breath as you picked up your bag from the passenger seat side and got out of your car, locking and closing it behind you.

You rushed into the school and pushed the door open. You fast walk, almost jogging, down the hallways. That's when you turned the corner and smacked into somebody. Your favorite teacher, Mr. Hayden. "No hello anymore Miss L/N?" You sigh. "I'm sorry but I'm so fucking late to Mr. Persson's class," "Kid-friendly language y/n this is a school!" Mr. Hayden called out, laughing, whilst you continued to rush to your class.

Your body smacked into the door. You were 10 minutes late. "Miss L/N, finally decided to join us after the bell went 10 minutes ago!" The sarcasm was pure and clear in his voice. Gosh, his voice. Absolute pain to your ears.

"I'm sorry Mr.Persson, But I got stuck in traffic," "Maybe you should've come earlier, no traffic, no problems." "Well I'm sorry that I can't control traffic, dick." You muttered the last part, but somehow Mr.Persson's old ears could pick it up. "Double hours of detention for you Miss L/N." "But I said why I was late?!" "Don't care, now sit your ass on your chair next to your partner!" You groaned and walked to the very back of the row, in the corner, next to your acquaintance, Kirk Hammett.

"Hey," He whispered as you swung your bag on the floor, hitting the table, which knocked Kirk's textbook on the ground, causing a big thud. "Hammett and L/N, stop causing a ruckus. The pair of you both have detention already! Now listen up class-" Mr Persson went on his rant.

You turned to Kirk looking at him in confusion. "You have detention?" You asked, catching his attention. He nodded. "What for?" "I got caught playing my flying v, in an empty class." You chuckled. "At least your reasonings are fun." The class continued and you actually couldn't wait for detention.

After School

You made your way to the room detention was in. You peeked through the glass door and saw the familiar shy curly-haired friend. you opened the door and sat next to him. "So where is this flying V you were talking about." "Persson took it." That's when the door opened and the good old favorite, Mr.Persson walked in. "Separate," He said and sat in the teacher's chair at the front desk.

You moved one seat, and that's when it went silent. "So Carl where is everyone else?" "It's Mr. Persson, and only the two of you are in detention so zip it." You opened your bag and pulled out a notebook and ripped a paper out, cautiously. Wrote something down and passed it to Kirk. It continued for a while, writing then passing.

After a while of passing notes and watching Persson trying his hardest not to fall asleep then eventually fell asleep. You turned to Kirk, "Let's get out of here," You wrote on the note, and passed it to him. He looked up from the note and gave you a confused look, then wrote on the paper.

"How?" You looked up and pointed behind him. He turned around and saw the open window. He turned back to you and nodded. You both cautiously picked up your stuff and crept over to the window. You hopped out first, Kirk helping you then you helped him out.

You held out your hand and Kirk just stared down at it. "Well come on idiot!" Instead, you took his hand and dragged him along, running away from the school. "Where are we going?" "Somewhere fun I guess?" The two of you ran to the closest park and sat on some rusty swings.

"We're going to get some disease," "Tetanus." "What?" You turned your head towards Kirk. "The disease you get from rust, it's Tetanus. My brother had it last year, by stepping on some rusty nail." "You're smart Hammett. You're a geek." "We're both in the same advanced classes, so I'm not the only geek and smart one here." You chuckled and looked towards the distance.

You swung your legs back and forth, starting to swing. "You forgot your guitar." "We have school tomorrow it's fine. It'll only be bad if it's not there." "We're definitely going to have another detention but who gives a shit." You got up from the swing and walked over in front of Kirk, who accidentally kicked you.

"Ouch! Dick," Kirk got up and chuckled. "I'm sorry!" You stared at Kirk's wrist, luckily he had a watch on. "What's the time Kirk?" "5:45." "Shit! I gotta get to work! I'll see you tomorrow!" You missed his cheek, since it was a habit of yours, and ran off towards the school to get to your car.

Kirk stood there flustered. You just kissed his cheek, and he loved it.

(I'm sorry for always having to make a part two)