𝟐𝟕- 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

( I've tried to make a deaf inclusive story, I've had this idea in my head for a while so here it is.)

Kirk meets y/n at a bar, whilst y/n's friend quickly leaves her to go to the bathroom

Y/N sat down on a stool besides her friend, Staci. Y/N ordered a jack and coke, and waited for the bartender to make her drink.

That's when her hearing aids died on her. She groaned and nudged to Staci. "My hearing aids died on me again!" Her motions were snappy and agitated.

"Really?! I think you need to buy a new pair." Staci signed back as y/n nodded. "But they're so expensive! I'll save up, but for the meantime I'm taking these fuckers out of my ears." The bartender placed y/n's drink in-front of her, y/n signed a 'thank you' as she removed her hearing aids from her ears, placing them on the counter beside her drink.

Staci tapped y/n's shoulder, catching her attention. "I need to go to the bathroom I'll be back," Staci signed, as Y/N nodded.

Outside, the famous Metallica walked into the bar. After minutes of pestering each other on what bar to go to first.

Kirk was the last of the guys to walk into the bar, and instantly he saw y/n sipping away on her drink. Y/N fidgeted with her hearing aids, desperately trying to make them work again.

Kirk smiled to himself, after getting a glimpse of y/n's beauty. Lars took noticed and started to tease him once they found a booth to sit in. "Kirk's in love with that chick over there!" Lars pointed but Kirk slapped his hand down.

"Stop it! I'm not." "Then why were you making goo goo eyes at her?" James chipped in. Kirk sighed in defeat and shrugged. "I don't know, she's really pretty." Kirk rested his cheek on his hand, staring into y/n's direction, who was staring to her side, waiting for Staci to come back.

"Go talk to her," "What?! No-" Kirk got pushed off of the booth. "The hell?!" "You're not allowed back until you go speak to her," Kirk turned around, staring at y/n for a second then turned back to the boys. "Fine!"

"Atta boy!" James cheered as Kirk turned and flipped him off, earning a laugh form the three.

Kirk took a deep breath and walked over to y/n. "Hey, what're you doing here alone?" Y/N saw Kirk from the corner of her eye and jumped. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you,"

"I'm sorry but my hearing aids died on me, I can't properly understand what you're saying." Kirk's eyes widened. "Oh! Sorry! It's okay, I know a little sign language. I might be way off with my signing I'm sorry," Kirk signed nervously. "You're fine! Take a seat if you want," Kirk smiled and sat down next to her.

The two continued on with their conversation.

"I wish these stupid things quit dying on me," "Why don't you get a new pair?" "I would, but it would take me months to save up. It's so expensive," Kirk reached into his pocket and revealed his wallet.

"I can help with that," Kirk said pulling out enough money for the hearing aids. "Oh no, I can't accept that Kirk-" "No take it, you need it more then me," Y/N smiled and gratefully accepted the cash.

"How could I ever repay you?" "By going out with me?" Kirk smiled as y/n nodded. Y/N instantly got a napkin from the bench and asked Kirk for a pen, which luckily he had.

Kirk smiled as she handed her number over. Y/N gave Kirk a quick peck on the cheek as she saw Staci come out of the bathroom. "Well I gotta go, call me!"