𝟑𝟐- 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧

1991

Working your crappy job as a waitress, from 4- 9.30 pm, was hell. You hated it, and the only time you could be happy was when you'd meet up with your beloved friend Kirk after your shifts.

The time was 9:54 pm, but you didn't take notice. You were too busy cleaning up the tables and mopping the floor since today was even more shitty than any other day. You finally cleaned the last, messiest, table. You looked up at the clock. '10:07'

"Shit!" You yelled aloud, startling your co-worker. "Jesus y/n!" "Could you hand me my bag under the counter?" "Why can't you do it yourse-" "Just give me the goddamn bag! I'm late!" You cut your co-worker off as he picked up your bag and held it in front, waiting for you to take it off him.

You rushed over and thanked him as you snatched the bag and ran out the door. You had been so caught up cleaning, you forgot about Kirk.

You rushed down the street, walking to where you two would always meet halfway. That's when it started to pour down rain. "Shit!" You rummaged through your bag, but no umbrella. The rain heavily poured down, soaking you thoroughly.

So when you were almost at the meeting point, you saw Kirk standing there, with an umbrella. You smiled, and the rain lightly sprinkled. "Oh for fucks sake!" Kirk giggled as he watched you rush over to him.

"Sorry I'm late, I'm fucking soaked as well." Kirk smiled. Then it started to pour once again, and you rushed under the umbrella, right next to him. Kirk stared down at you, you were dripping all over. That's when he looked up and pulled the umbrella down.

"Kirk!" The cold rain startled you as a gust of wind blew your hair crazily. "What are you doing?!" You laughed as he threw the umbrella. "Can't let you be the only one soaking wet. That's not very fair is it?" Kirk smiled like a dork, his crooked teeth showing, which you absolutely adored.

"You're an idiot." You groaned, hating the cold air. "Let's go mess around then," "What?" You yelled, the rain coming in hard, as Kirk suddenly grabbed your hand and started to run, pulling you with him.

"You're going to yank my arm off my body!" "Shut up and enjoy this moment!" You laughed. Kirk was a sucker for rain, he'd do anything and everything to mess around in the rain.

You two danced and pushed each other into puddles, like children. It made you remember the times in school when the two of you would walk home in the pouring rain.

"Remember when we were in elementary school," Kirk started, as you looked down at your Converse that was now soaking wet, and so were your socks. You hated that gushy and icky feeling, so you tried your best to ignore it and listened to Kirk instead.

"Yeah?" "And, we were walking in the pouring rain, like right now. But, we had raincoats and huge umbrellas with us, and that bus came around and drove through a massive puddle, which completely soaked us." You laughed. "How do you remember this?" "I don't know, I just do!"

The rain settled down and eventually stopped. Unfortunately, it stopped when you arrived in front of your apartment complex. "here's my shitty home." You sighed and looked at Kirk. "I don't want to leave you Kirk." You sighed. Kirk got flustered. "Then don't leave me, come back to my place." Kirk grabbed a hold of your hand.

"Smooth move," You teased and Kirk instantly let go of your hand, thinking you were uncomfortable. This time you grabbed a hold of his hand and dragged him in the direction of his home. "What're you doing?" "Going to your place aren't we?" You turned around but tripped and tumbled onto Kirk.

The two of you were way too close for just friends at this moment. The way you looked into Kirk's eyes was romantic. "It's cold," You could only say. "Good thing my house is warm." Kirk leaned in, and so did you. And right there and then, you were kissing your best friend, passionately.