9

Italy (2:54 pm)

The Romano mansion, once immersed in an impeccable silence, shattered abruptly as the screeching sound of tires tore through the air. The heavy vehicles came to a halt on the mansion's pavement, their presence instantly commanding attention. Guards dressed in impeccable attire emerged from the vehicles, armed to the teeth. With calculated precision, a guard swung open the door of the Buggati La Voiture Noire, inviting the most important figure of the day's event. A man cloaked in a dark blue navy suit stepped out, his black aviator sunglasses concealing his eyes. As he ambled through the grand mahogany door, his observant gaze swept across the surroundings, taking in the chaotic scene. People anxiously barked into their phones, hastily running around with files clutched in their hands. Amidst the commotion, the clearing of an assistant's throat pierced the air, momentarily halting the frenzied labor.

The man, his hands clasped behind his back, stood unwaveringly, patiently awaiting the arrival of Mister Alzo. Soon enough, the office doors swung open, and Mister Alzo emerged to greet him. A nod of acknowledgement passed between them as they exchanged greetings.

"What exactly happened?" The man's voice sliced through the air, cold and devoid of emotion.

"She sabotaged everything at the site, aided by the government. Our men faced immense difficulties to subdue her when she attempted to escape. Ivanov's son suffered severe injuries, and Vincent was kidnapped. They must have destroyed his phone and evaded his trackers. We haven't yet received any threats or demands. And she, no matter what we do, remains silent," Mister Romano exhaled heavily, worry etched on his features. The man attentively absorbed the information relayed by Mister Romano.

"Where is she?" The man's expression turned grave, his question carrying a weighty significance. He awaited for Mister Alzo's response with unwavering intensity. Mister Romano's voice quivered as he replied, "In the basement." Fear constricted Mister Romano from within, a suffocating grip tightening its hold.

Mister Romano led the way, stopping on the ground floor of the mansion just before the entrance to the basement. Two guards stood sentinel on either side of the iron gate, their presence meant to protect and intimidate.

"Open it," Mister Romano commanded. The guard on the right, armed with a key, obeyed, swinging the door open before stepping aside to allow the men to proceed. Stepping into the dimly lit room, the man scrutinized his surroundings. At the far corner, a girl sat bound to a chair, her body stained with blood, her head either lowered or rendered unconscious. Adjacent to the wall on the right side stood a table and a chair, adorned with an assortment of sharp weapons and three bottles of water.

"Turn on the lights and leave," his calm order surprised everyone present, particularly Mister Romano, who pondered the consequences of the Don discovering his lies and attempts to sugarcoat the truth. Pushing aside such thoughts, Mister Romano began to speak, "Don, we have alrea-" His words were cut short as the Don abruptly turned around, fixing him with a warning glare.

"Leave before i kill you all before her," the Don's words hung in the air, the weight of his authority silencing any further objections. Everyone in the room retreated one by one, closing the door firmly behind them.

Once everyone had departed, the Don continued his advance, halting directly in front of the girl. "Look up," he commanded, his voice stern and unwavering.

Her neck throbbed with pain, making it impossible for her to comply. The sheer annoyance welled within her.

Seizing a fistful of her hair, he forced her to raise her head, the sudden movement causing a sickening crack and a surge of agony that coursed through her entire being. Her closed eyes welled with unshed tears.

"Leave," she whispered, her voice trembling.

"Open your eyes and answer my questions honestly," he released her hair and pulled the chair in front of her, taking a seat with his back against its backrest. His arms rested on the chair's head, his gaze piercing and intent.

She forced her eyes open, blinking lightly to adjust her sight to the dim surroundings. Maintaining a clear line of vision, her black orbs settled on a particular person in the room, studying him intently.

His piercing grey eyes clashed with her captivating black orbs.

Her black orbs held a spellbinding allure, and curiosity gripped him as his eyes roved over her blood-stained features to figure, from her dark brown hair to her eyes, the deepest shade of black, framed by thick lashes. Her small, pointed nose, perfectly arched brows, soft, plumpy lips, and a mole adorning the right side of her lower lip, with another on her upper lip on the same side.

Could she be the second woman aiming to dismantle this mafia? Ninety-nine percent of him screamed "yes," but what about the remaining one percent? No one in their right mind would willingly entangle themselves with the mafia, especially after witnessing the fate of the woman who had previously dared to challenge this organization.

"Would you believe me if I revealed the only truth I know?" She blew a strand of hair off her lashes, her voice soft yet resolute. His grey eyes met her black orbs.

"I will believe you, but speak only the truth you are aware of. Any attempt to deceive me will not be met with mercy," he warned, a menacing aura enveloping him.

"What will I gain by divulging everything?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper. The blood coating her body made her skin crawl.

A chuckle escaped his lips as he regarded her with amusement, informing her of the gravity of her situation. "We are not negotiating here. You are here for interrogation. We are not fucking cracking a deal here, you're here for interrogation. Don't even consider to lie or else I'll make sure no one sees your dead body one last time."

"Who do you work for?" his voice, cold and unyielding, demanded

****

Comments your thoughts on the story.
Don is finally here for you....