20

Dalia stood apprehensively outside the room where Celia was admitted, her mind filled with guilt and remorse for the lies she had told. Taking a deep breath, she mustered the courage to swing open the door, a small smile playing on her lips.

As she entered the room, she immediately noticed that it was occupied not only by Celia but also by Warren and a man whom both Celia and Warren held in high regard-Dante Russo.

Warren was the first to spot her presence, and he hurriedly approached her, taking long strides as he enveloped her in a warm embrace. Startled by his sudden action, Dalia took a step back, but quickly regained her composure. Celia smiled at her in acknowledgment, while Dante offered a faint nod.

Breaking the hug, Warren proceeded to kiss Dalia's cheeks twice, followed by her forehead, and then a gentle peck on her lips. The intimate gesture caused a blush to spread across her cheeks, while Celia chuckled at her shyness.

Taking her hand, Warren guided her to a chair beside Celia's bed. Dalia, after gathering her thoughts, mustered the courage to ask, "How are you?" Celia, sensing Dalia's guilt towards her, became slightly tense.

"I couldn't be better!" Celia responded with a grin, attempting to ease the tension in the room.

Before Dalia could complete her apology, Celia interrupted her with a reassuring statement. "You're not at fault. Stop with your apologies."

After a brief pause, Celia noticed Dalia's downcast gaze and asked with concern, "Did you have your breakfast? You look weak." Dalia remained silent, and Celia understood her answer from the unspoken words. Giving Dalia a sympathetic look, Celia requested Dante to order breakfast for both of them, as well as for Dalia.

Hospital food sucks sometimes.

Dante nodded and promptly pulled out his phone to place the order online. As they waited for the food to arrive, they engaged in conversation, discussing various topics. While Celia and Dalia mostly conversed, Warren would occasionally laugh, and Dante sat alone on the couch, enjoying the company and appreciating Celia's improved health.

Once breakfast arrived, they all indulged in the meal, continuing their conversation about various matters. Dalia eventually mustered the courage to ask Warren to meet her at the cafe in the afternoon, when he would be free.

As she stood, ready to leave the room, Celia's next sentence froze Dalia in her tracks.

"His face was bare."

****

It was well past eleven when he finally arrived at his mansion. Venezio entered his suite, holding his suit jacket in one hand and the file Alessia had prepared on Celia in the other.

Upon reaching his suite, he carelessly tossed them onto the bed before proceeding to the bathroom, longing for a cold shower to wash away the weariness of the day.

Fifteen minutes later, he emerged from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, using another towel to dry his hair. Walking towards his wardrobe, he selected a loose-fitting t-shirt and pants, discarding the towels into the nearby basket.

Returning to his bed, he retrieved his phone from the suit jacket and called his chef to arrange dinner. With the file still in his hand, he settled onto the couch near the glass wall and began delving into the details and hidden secrets of Miss Celia Ferrari.

The file revealed that Celia had lost her biological father at the age of seven. She had been living with her paternal relatives since then, even after her mother remarried. Completing her education at seventeen, she began attending the university. At eighteen, she was married off to a businessman, but her marriage lasted only nine months before she filed for divorce and underwent surgery due to an infection. She continued her studies at the same university following the divorce.

Her husband tragically passed away in an accident two years prior, and she turned to dancing to pay off her debts. Within months, she became a popular dancer. The file also mentioned her involvement as an escort with various individuals, although no connections to her current circumstances were found. She no longer maintained relationships with any relatives, but had two close friends from university-a professor and an artist. Currently, she lives alone, battling depression and undergoing therapy. There were no significant anonymous transactions in her bank account.

While everything appeared normal, the fact that she had lived with her relatives despite her mother's marriage seemed suspicious. Venezio contemplated these details, pondering why Celia had been specifically targeted while Vincent, who had been involved with countless women, had met a gruesome end.

Why?

Three questions lingered, unanswered by Vincent. It meant that the real culprit still held the upper hand in this dangerous game. Had Celia seen the face of the person responsible? Warren wondered if there were any subtle signs that could lead them closer to unraveling the mystery.