31

It was a few minutes past six in the evening, and Celia found herself deep in contemplation. Should she run away from this dangerous mission, or should she proceed with what felt like a suicide mission? Earlier in the afternoon, Venezio had called her, insisting that she revise her plan three times. He had even given her a necklace with a hidden microphone connected to the earpieces worn by him and Alessia.

Now, she anxiously awaited the clock to strike seven so she could make her way to the party. Her attire for the evening was a stunning red flare cowl neck gown that left a trail whenever she moved. The spaghetti straps accentuated her milky skin, complementing the sensuous color of the dress. Her makeup was kept minimal, and her long hair cascaded down in smooth waves. The attention-demanding necklace gracefully highlighted her décolletage, and she wore a ring on her ring finger.

The sound of her phone's ping broke her reverie, alerting her that her driver had arrived. She picked up her phone and purse, ensuring the straps of her heels were securely fastened around her ankles. With one last glance at herself in the mirror, she left the room and made her way to the waiting car.

Everyone had left before her, including Dalia, who wanted to take Celia along. However, her brother insisted otherwise and took only Dalia with him, leaving Celia behind. She didn't complain, though. In fact, she was grateful for the opportunity to prepare for what lay ahead. She knew exactly what she had to do with her target-how to seduce him and extract the crucial information. Her confidence had grown since her last mission.

For the evening, she had chosen Warren as her date, and he would arrive after her. Initially hesitant, he eventually agreed to accompany her. He understood the game they were playing and knew his role in it.

The drive to the venue took an hour, and as the car pulled up, the driver rounded the car to open the gate on Celia's side. With a genuine smile, she thanked him and adjusted her dress to ensure she looked presentable. Making her way towards the checkpoint, she encountered four muscular men and two sturdy-looking women who meticulously checked everyone entering. Celia cooperated, allowing them to conduct the necessary security procedures. As she walked into the venue, the sharp sound of her heels clicking against the floor accompanied her.

The event was attended by individuals from higher levels of the mob famiglia, businessmen, businesswomen, and others who either brooded in corners or freely socialized. Some were even indulging in the entertainment on offer.

Standing at the entrance, Celia noticed that most men were captivated by her stunning positioned there. Some whispered to each other, while others threw flirty gestures her way. Shaking off her reverie, she surveyed the hall, counting the three floors. The decorations included an abundance of white and pink roses, extravagant musical instruments placed on the east side of the vast hall, and men dressed in expensive tuxedos. The women, on the other hand, wore fancy dresses adorned with carefully chosen makeup.

Catching sight of the D'Amico Cassano siblings at their reserved area, engaged in conversation with someone, Celia felt a sense of relief that they hadn't noticed her yet. Making her way towards the stairs, she deliberately chose not to use the elevator. Climbing the stairs gracefully, she reached the top floor and grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing waiter. Leaning against the parapet, she observed the attendees in the hall below. Dalia looked radiant in a white mid-length gown, her hair elegantly styled in a high bun with accessories. Both brothers, dressed in black tuxedos, wore smiles as they interacted with those around them.

However, Celia couldn't spot Enzo, Dalia's assistant, or Alessia, Venezio's assistant. She remembered they were supposed to be present. Her eyes roamed the area, searching for Alessia, but when she didn't find her, she sighed in frustration. Downing the champagne in one go, she placed the glass on a nearby table. Just as her gaze settled on a particular person approaching her, she quickly placed her phone against her ear and angrily yelled.