85

As the first rays of the morning sun gently infiltrated the partly closed curtains, Venezio stirred from his slumber, his body gradually awakening. With a lazy yawn, he stretched his arms wide, savoring the cocoon of warmth provided by the covers. However, a sense of unease enveloped him – the soft presence of her was conspicuously absent beside him. A furrow creased his rugged features as he fully roused to the disconcerting void in the bed.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Venezio's lids lifted slowly, adjusting to the soft, lustrous glow of the vast room. Sunlight cascaded through the grand windows, bathing everything in golden radiance. Yet, a shadow seemed to drape over his heart when he realized she was nowhere to be found. He swung his legs out of bed, allowing the duvet to slip off his frame.

Surveying the bedroom, he sought any clue about her whereabouts, but the room remained reticent, offering only an undisturbed silence.

After a contemplative moment regarding the day's significance, a smile played upon his lips as he decided to find solace in the familiarity of his daily routine. The anticipation of the joyous occasion ahead at their resplendent mansion filled him with enthusiasm. Perhaps she was already preparing for the festivities, he conjectured.

He meandered toward the bathroom for a leisurely bath. Returning, adorned in his finest attire, the fabric caressed his skin like a gentle breeze. He caught glimpses of their photographs on the dresser – cherished memories that vividly portrayed the reality of the extraordinary blissful life he shared with his loved ones after years of longing.

Fastening his watch and meticulously combing his hair, he finished with a spritz of cologne, stealing a last glance at his reflection in the mirror. Stepping out of the room, Venezio wandered through the mansion's halls.

The laughter of his children broadened his smile as he descended the stairs, the mirth resonating exuberantly. The soft, rhythmic sound of footsteps reverberated through the opulent abode.

Upon reaching the ground floor, a harmonious and energetic chorus called out to him, "DADDY!"

With open arms, he crouched down, and his two little girls embraced him wholeheartedly. A chuckle escaped his lips as he bestowed a kiss upon each of their heads, then pulling back, he pecked their foreheads while showering them with enthusiastic wishes.

"Happy birthday, daddy's little angels," he tenderly expressed, causing beaming grins to grace their faces as they reciprocated with kisses on his cheeks.

"How do we look, daddy?" They inquired in unison, twirling in their white dresses adorned with fancy hair clips.

"Beautiful," he replied sincerely. "So beautiful."

Venezio took a moment to admire his daughters. Their innocence and laughter brought him immeasurable happiness. Since becoming a father again, his life had undergone a profound transformation, finding purpose in loving and cherishing his family.

"Where's your mama and Inizio?" he inquired.

As the two girls tugged him along, he followed their lead until he found his wife, overseeing the team of decorators and house staff. A radiant smile graced her face as she meticulously directed them to fulfill her vision, ensuring every detail was perfect.

Their son, Inizio, trailed behind her, his eyes wide with wonder at the grandeur surrounding him in preparation for his sister's birthday.

"Sweetheart," Venezio's voice interjected the bustling activity, capturing Celia's attention. Her eyes shimmered with affection and excitement as she walked towards him.

Providing Inizio with kisses on his cheeks and a warm greeting, Venezio allowed his son to mimic his advances, and then, with his daughters pulling him towards the decorated side of the hall, he stood up as Celia enveloped him in an embrace. "Good morning, gorgeous," she whispered, her lips brushing his ear.