48

The room exuded an air of darkness, shadows dancing along the walls as Venezio lounged on the couch. His legs were spread wide, and he absentmindedly took long puffs from the cigar, the smoke curling aimlessly in the dimly lit space. After a grueling session of raw, intense sex, he had taken a shower to wash away the sweat and remnants of their passionate encounter. As she dozed off, exhausted from their countless rounds of pleasure, Venezio found himself lost in thought.

One thing was clear in his mind: Dalia wasn't the only traitor. There were more. The soft whimpers of the naked woman lying on the bed snapped him out of his trance. His features contorted into a frown as he stubbed out the cigar and approached her. The darkness of the room obscured his vision, but he was certain she was having a nightmare. Drawing closer, he noticed her hands clutching the sheets tightly. Switching on the side table lamp, he saw her frightened and sweaty face, lips parting to release ragged breaths. Mumbling words under her breath, barely audible, she trembled uncontrollably.

Without hesitation, Venezio moved towards her, his hands reaching out to comfort her. He gently scooped her into his arms, his touch soothing as he patted her back. Though her trembling didn't cease, her hushed mumbling gradually subsided. Her body relaxed as she unconsciously welcomed his embrace.

He couldn't determine how long he held her, but suddenly, she delivered a fierce blow to his body, pushing herself away from him and standing up on the bed, alarmed. Confusion and anger flickered across his face as he tried to make sense of her actions.

Her hazy mind began to clear, dispelling the remnants of her nightmare and restoring her senses. Realizing what had just transpired, she crouched down and hastily wrapped the duvet around her naked form. Her eyes lifted to meet his angry gaze. Before he could say anything, she mustered the courage to justify herself. "I'm sorry. I thought it was him," she pleaded, her voice laced with genuine remorse.

She cautiously assessed his expression, hoping for a hint of forgiveness. To her advantage, his anger had subsided, replaced by a calm demeanor. "What did he do?" he inquired, his voice softer than before.

She hesitated, her gaze shifting downward as she fumbled with the duvet. He let out a loud sigh, warning her to speak.

"He... he was abusing me," she stammered, her voice trembling. Tears welled up in her eyes, streaming down her cheeks. Her hands clenched the duvet tightly as her whole body quivered with emotion. The truth spilled out through her choked words, her vulnerability laid bare.

"Shhh," he cooed, his voice gentle as he pulled her back into his embrace, his fingers running through her soft tresses. She resisted his compassion initially, but then decided to let go and reciprocated his gesture. With newfound confidence, she wrapped her arms around his torso, momentarily causing a slight stiffness in his demeanor. However, he soon welcomed her embrace, resting his chin on her head as they sat together, finding solace in each other's arms.

"Do you remember when I asked you to grant me three wishes?" she whispered softly.

"Yes," he replied, contemplating what her wishes might be in this moment.

She took a deep breath before speaking tenderly, "I want you to promise not to cause any harm to your sister." He recoiled suddenly, his eyes flashing with fury at her request. Standing up, he half-yelled, "Don't ever ask me to grant such wishes." In that split secod, her eyes reflected intense anger. Running his hands through his hair, he warned, "Don't ever come between me and my busi-"

"She isn't a business. She is you-" she interrupted him before he could finish his sentence, a retort forming on her lips. Quick to respond, he cut her off, pushing her body against the soft mattress and hovering over her, his hand gripping her cheeks tightly. Her lips formed a pointed expression, and she tried to loosen his tight grip, her hands desperately grasping his wrist. His hot breath washed over her features, his dark eyes penetrating hers. "I. Said. Don't. Ever. Meddle. With. My. Business," he seethed in frustration, his patience running thin.