70

Inizio's young eyes darted anxiously across the crowded hall, desperately searching for his mother, but she remained elusive. The lady who had been tasked with keeping an eye on him spoke softly into her discreet earpiece, relaying the urgency of finding the woman. She meticulously scanned the surroundings, her keen gaze sweeping every corner, yet Celia's figure remained elusive, like a phantom vanishing into thin air. Despite knowing that she was the wife of her boss cousin's, the lady hadn't caught a glimpse of her for the past half hour, causing a restless sigh to escape her lips.

She crouched down to Inizio's eye level, observing the child as his innocent gaze lost itself amidst the sea of people mingling around him. Adoring his pouty features, she spoke to him in a gentle, reassuring tone, "Shall I take you to your father, little one?" Inizio contemplated her words for a moment, before nodding in agreement. They ventured forth into the throng of partygoers, in search of Venezio.

Finally, a glimmer of hope shone upon the lady as she caught sight of Venezio engaged in conversation at the far corner of the hall. Exercising caution, she approached him, extending her hand intertwined with Inizio's. Venezio turned his attention towards her, his demeanor attentive as she conveyed the child's concerns. Understanding the gravity of the situation, he gently held Inizio's hand, allowing the boy to open his arms and be embraced in his father's comforting hold.

Snuggled against Venezio's shoulder, Inizio's voice sounded weary and strained as he spoke, "I want to sleep, Daddy." A yawn escaped his lips, his tiredness palpable as he closed his eyes, succumbing to his exhaustion. Venezio acknowledged the lady's efforts with a curt nod, indicating her release from her duty as she discreetly withdrew, leaving father and son to face the mounting uncertainty together.

Excusing himself from the group of people with whom he had been conversing, Venezio retrieved his phone, his fingers trembling with worry as he dialed Celia's number. The phone rang repeatedly, each unanswered call amplifying his growing dread. Disconnecting the call, he tried once more, his desperation mounting with each futile attempt. Stepping into the elevator, his heart pounded in his chest as he dialed her number once again, yet there was no response. Terror began to seep into his mind and heart as the elevator doors opened on the first floor of the grand mansion.

Inizio's soft snores provided a stark contrast to the restlessness coursing through Venezio. A wave of unease washed over him, his body temperature rising with a mix of fear and anticipation. Approaching the parapet, he scrutinized the hall with sharp, analytical eyes, his gaze scouring every inch for a mere glimpse of Celia in her black dress. But as time passed and his search proved fruitless, a nagging sensation crawled within him, the anticipation twisting into something far more sinister anticipation.

Venezio's footsteps echoed through the opulent mansion as he descended the grand staircase, his heart pounding like a wild beast within his chest. Each step quickened his pace, fueled by a sense of urgency and panic that gripped him tightly. The once vibrant and lively hall, adorned with elegance and mirth, now faded into insignificance as a growing sense of dread consumed his being.

Navigating through the throng of guests, he cast frantic glances in every direction, desperately searching for any sign of Celia. Faces that were once familiar blended together in a blur as his mind raced with countless terrifying possibilities. What could have happened to her? The mere thought sent shivers down his spine, spiraling his thoughts into a tumultuous abyss of fear and uncertainty.

His frenzied pace carried him around every corner of the mansion, his footsteps echoing through empty corridors. Worry and terror etched on his face, he pressed forward, driven by an insatiable need to find her. Bursting into the washroom area, he flung open the door without a second thought, causing the startled ladies inside to gasp in surprise. But Venezio paid them no mind.