63

Surprise for y'all. lovelies✨✨✨

As she closed the heavy door of Inizio's room, Celia felt a surge of urgency coursing through her veins. Her feet propelled her swiftly across the grand wing, leading to the exclusive office of Venezio's D'Amico cassano. With each step, her heart pounded in her chest, echoing the fear and anticipation that consumed her being.

Standing before her husband's office, Celia's hand trembled as she raised it to knock on the door. But her anxiety overwhelmed her patience, and without waiting for a response, she swung the door open. A cloud of anticipation engulfed her thoughts, blending with an undercurrent of terror and dread.

Alessia had just finished recounting the details when she entered the room. Silence descended, heavy and suffocating, as if her presence had transformed her into a suspicious interloper. With a nod of acknowledgement, Dalia, Alessia, Adelio, and Delrico, departed, leaving Celia and Venezio alone.

Taking a tentative step forward, Celia's gaze fixed upon the loose white t-shirt he wore. Approaching his figure near the wall window of his office, her voice trembled with concern as she whispered, her brows knitted in a worried frown, "How many bullets?"

His eyes scanned her face, analyzing her anxious features with a gentle gaze. "Two," he replied softly. "Were there any dangerous chemicals involved?" she inquired further.

"Yes, but the medical team acted swiftly to neutralize any potential threat," he assured her.

Drawing herself even closer to him, Celia left no space between them. With utmost caution, she extended her hand and placed it over the bandaged wound, as her fingers tenderly with utmost concern drew circles on his covered bandaged shoulder, her voice broke in an inaudible tone. "If you hadn't taken those bullets, you would have been  preparing for a funeral right now." She said, a wry laugh escaping her lips as she contemplated the irony of the situation. Venezio's face contorted in disapproval as he cautioned her, "Don't."

She looked up, meeting his enthralling pair of captivating grey orbs. "The bullets barely missed your vital organs, but if it were me in your place, they would have pierced through my eyes directly," a tear escaped her eye as she spoke.

"Shhh! Don't speak of such absurdities when everything is alright," he said, gently placing his index finger on her lips.

"You asked Alessia to investigate the assailant's body," he mentioned, recounting the information Alessia had shared with him earlier. Celia nodded in confirmation.

"Did you find any tattoos or marks indicating involvement with any other organization?" she asked cautiously.

"No, there was no sign of external affiliations," he replied, walking back to his office table and sinking into the comfort of his leather chair, lost in contemplation.

When the assailant had attempted to shoot her, the bullets had pierced through Venezio's body. Before Alessia, Enzo, or Adelio could apprehend him. In a final act of defiance, the attacker had taken his own life, leaving no opportunity for interrogation. Celia had taken Inizio to safety, and in that moment, she had messaged Alessia, urging her to search the assailant's body for any clues about the mastermind behind the attack. Yet, their efforts had yielded no results, failing to shed light on whether it was an act orchestrated by Celia's enemies or even Venezio's own side. However, if someone had been sent to kill Celia, Venezio couldn't help but entertain doubts about her once again.

His piercing grey eyes observed her closely, witnessing the deepening frown on her beautiful face, one hand clenched tightly into a ball. As her brows furrowed, her dark gaze locked onto his, her mouth agape with disbelief. Taking calculated steps toward him, she stood between his legs, her voice trembling with anticipation and fear. "Did you plan this?"