Chapter 2 - a wind-carried fight

~•~•~

"Let me officially introduce the city of wind, dandelions and freedom – Travellers under the protection of the knights of Favonius – Welcome to Mondstadt!", Amber announces.

Paimon stretches. "Finally, no more having to camp outdoors! But... the city folk don't look too cheery." Lyra sighs. "I believe it is because of the dragon who terrorises Mondstadt, correct?" – "Yeah. Everyone's been put out of place by Stormterror recently. But everything will turn out fine as long as Jean's with us!" Amber cheers softly.

"Jean?" – "Acting grand master of the knights of Favonius – Jean, Defender of Mondstadt. With Jean on our side, surely even the vicious Stormterror will be no match for us.", Amber explains to Aether.

Then Amber starts walking through the city. "Before I take you guys to the knights of Favonius HQ, I have a present for you, Lyra and Aether. It's a reward for helping me clear out that hillichurl camp."

To that, Paimon speaks up. "He-hey! Why doesn't Paimon get a reward?" – "Because this reward is useless to you, Paimon. But I'll treat you to a traditional Mondstadt delicacy – Sticky Honey Roast" Paimon drools over the mention of food.

Lyra just laughs about the antics of Paimon. "Come with me, we'll head to the city's ahh... high ground." The group starts heading up the stairs and reach the big statue of Barbatos.

'Barbatos... I wonder how you are doing. I didn't see you in my past lives ever since the calamity...', Lyra thinks to herself as she looks up at the statue.

"So, the present I want to give you is... a wind glider! Outriders use them to ride the wind and the people of Mondstadt love using them too. I brought you here to give it to you so you can experience it right away!", Amber says, pulling Lyra out of her thoughts. Paimon looks at Amber blankly.

"Oh, you're really excited about these wind gliders, huh?" – "Well, that's because the wind is the heart and soul of Mondstadt! Alrighty then, enough talk! Let's give it a whirl! It's easy to use, but you still need to pay attention to my instructions. It is simple..."

~•~•~

Both Lyra and Aether make it back to the plaza with the wind gliders easily. "you are experts! That was amazing!", Amber cheers.

Suddenly, the wind starts picking up and the sky gets darker. "the sky...", Amber says distraught. They hear a loud roar, and they see Stormterror in the sky.

The people start running as Stormterror creates 3 tornadoes in the walls of Mondstadt. "Run!", amber shouts and takes Paimon.

Aether gets sucked up by one of the tornadoes and Lyra shouts out as she sees this: "Aether!" without a second thought, she jumps after him.

Both of them find themselves above the clouds with their wind gliders open. "Oh, thank the archons you are okay!", Lyra exclaims.

Suddenly, Stormterror appears, and they avoid quickly him. "wait... how are we staying afloat like this with just a wind glider?", Aether asks.

Suddenly, they hear the mysterious voice of a boy. "I'm preventing your fall with the power of a thousand winds." 'Wisp? Barbatos?', Lyra asks herself.

The Voice continues, "now, concentrate. See yourself grasping the wind. Harness it's energy." Aether and Lyra start shooting anemo to the dragon.

"it seems to work, Lyra! Wait- who said that?!" the mysterious voice does not answer. After shooting at the dragon some more, Stormterror screeches and flies high into the sky.