Chapter 55 - Wife of the Overload of the Vortex, Beisht

~•~•~

Walking down to the docks takes Lyra sometime. On her way there, she crosses paths with Zhongli.

"Oh, 'Li! I didn't think I'd run into you here..." Zhongli, having been preoccupied by looking out to the sea, turns to her.

"Lilia... I am actually quite glad I ran into you again.", he answers.

Lyra raises an eyebrow. "Oh? What is it, Geode?", she asks.

"Well, the last time I saw you was just yesterday when you were walking back into the harbour with Childe. The looks you two gave were quite concerning and so, i asked Childe about it when I could. However, what he told me is a lot more concerning."

Lyra remains silent as she continues to walk to the docks, Zhongli hot on her tail.

"Well then, what is it you wish to know?", she finally answers as they arrive at the end of the docks.

"Well, Childe refuses to tell me anything, but he did mention that you managed to... revive?.. someone for a few minutes. Someone he referred to as the charmer?"

"... ah, of course... the charmer used to be a fatui harbinger, you know? Quite someone... from the times I got roped up with them I believe she is someone most fatui, especially the harbingers, aspire to be. Loyal and obedient without question. Quite an individual, don't you think?"

"... there is more you know, isn't there?"

"of course, my dear Geode. How could I not? I knew her personally after all. As for why I did so... that stupid harbinger needed to understand his place and stop annoying me. That is all there is to that. A simple scare to keep him away from me."

Zhongli doesn't answer. Just then, the Jade Chamber flies over the two.

"Ah, it seems like it's time.", Lyra mutters.

"Time for what, exactly?", Zhongli asks. "Oh? I am certain you already know of that, which lies in the ocean depths. Now is the time they fight."

"did you come here to spectate?"

"something that you did when Osial came? Somewhat. I am here to ensure the harbour's safety. Should they fail to keep Beisht's attacks from the harbour, I shall be the last line of defence, shielding the harbour from incoming waves."

Just as she says that, the sky turns dark and a large colossal monster emerges from the sea.

"Beisht...", Zhongli mutters.

"Stay here with me, will you? Spectate this moment as humanity takes the safety of the harbour into their own hands without the help of the adepti."

"Of course."

~•~•~

Lyra stands at the docks with Zhongli as they watch the Millelith, the Crux fleet and Ningguang from the Jade Chamber launch their attacks.

Beisht attacks back by shooting an energy beam from her mouth, which hits one of the mountains.

"Quite a shame that we are so far away from the fight. I would have loved to see the action from somewhere closer...", Lyra mumbles. Zhongli sighs. "Of course you would."

Just then, Beisht creates a large wave.

"That's... a tsunami! If that reaches here, it could drown the whole harbour!", Lyra notes. "That is very dangerous indeed."

Lyra lets her adeptal energy flow into her hands in preparation to create a barrier in front of the harbour in case it got too close. However, even from that distance, she can see as the whole battleground is overcome with frost as the tsunami freezes and grumbles into ice blocks.

At that, Lyra stops her energy flow.

"Wow... that certainly is quite the mastery over Cryo... if I am not mistaken, of course.", she marvels.

"Truly a spectacular show of Cryo mastery.", Zhongli agrees.

"Oh! Beisht is retreating! But the storm has not ceased..."

"we will just have to wait and see."

Not long after, the storm ceases and both the crux fleet and the Jade Chamber return back to the harbour. "Huh... it seems as if everything has gone as planned..."

Just then, Lyra looks up to the sky and spots something.

"huh..? Is that... Retainer? Sorry, 'Li, but I will go see what this will be about... archons know what will happen."

Zhongli chuckles. "Alright, you better go then. I am sure you are also wondering how your companions are doing, no?"

Lyra gives him a deadpan. "You knew of everything already, didn't you? You knew I would be here and that Aether and Paimon would end up getting roped into this."

He doesn't answer as he just smiles at her.

Lyra, frustrated, lets out a sigh as she anchors herself to the teleport waypoint in Guyun Stone Forest and teleports away.

~•~•~