Chapter 57 - Treasurehoaders against the Abyss

~•~•~

The next day was spent catching up and telling the other what they had done in the nation they stayed in.

"Oh, yeah! We ended up joining the Adventurer's guild when we went back. Also, we met this super interesting, but odd individual. We were able to commission him, but he said he only allows commissions with ties to the Abyss.", Paimon says as they walk the streets of Liyue.

Lyra hums in thought. "Now, isn't that interesting... it's rare to see those so dedicated to figuring out the Abyss. But to be honest, with what happened with Dvalin, I think it's not a bad idea to look more into the abyss ourselves."

Aether nods. "I suppose... anyway, you got us a way to Inazuma?", he asks.

"Yep. Tho it will require you to join in a tournament of sorts. It's the crux clash, an event held by Beidou. She said that if she is going to risk bringing us into Inazuma, we would have to earn it."

Aether and Paimon look at each other, confusion clear in their face. "Isn't saving Liyue twice enough to warrant this trip?", the pixie voices their question.

"Hm... perhaps, but you need to understand that the trip to Inazuma is not an easy one to make. Thinking about it, we'll be going into the nation semi-legally. We will have to be careful while travelling around as well. With the Vision hunt decree and consequent Sakoku decree, we have quite a lot of problems to face. I know neither of you have visions, but I am putting my vision at risk should I go into the nation. It's the same for any vision holder, actually.", Lyra explains.

Her companions nod, as they continue through Liyue harbour. Soon enough, they arrive at the Adventurers guild, seeing a familiar face conversing with someone else.

"Hey, isn't that Ganyu? Paimon says we should say hi!", Paimon exclaims.

Lyra shrugs. "Sure, I am interested about what they could be talking about.", she states. Approaching Ganyu, they start to hear their conversation.

"... Yes, yes. They have the audacity to go after anything. The seven, dragons, gods... no ancient artefacts that relates can escape their greedy ambitions", the guild member sighs, "still, this time is different... who do they think the are, going after the Abyss Order's treasures?"

The guild member turns slightly, seeing the approaching trio. "Oh, Lyra, it's you," she greets.

"Hello, Lan. May we know what you're talking about? Is it about a commission?", Lyra asks.

"Hello, Lyra, Aether, Paimon. We were just discussing the Treasure Hoarders.", Ganyu explains. Lan nods.

"Yes, we were just saying how eve the audacious Treasure Hoarders should know better than to mess with he Abyss – it's just too evil.", she adds.

"But we recently received intel from the Ministry of Civil Affair that two big-time Treasure Hoarders in Liyue and Mondstadt are planning some big joint operation.", Ganyu sighs.

"Two big-time Treasure Hoarders?", Paimon asks.

"Yes, they're known as 'Big Sis of the South' and 'Raptor of the North'."

Lyra gasps. "The heads of the Treasure Hoarders in Mondstadt and Liyue??", she questions, concerned.

"You already know something then. I guess you must have crossed paths with he Treasure Hoarders many times before," Lan mutters, "you are correct. They are the heads of the Treasure Hoarders in Liyue and Mondstadt. As I understand it. The Treasure Hoarders all call Big Sis 'Boss'. Some say that the God of Thieves even bestowed a gift upon her for her exploits, making her the 'Big Sis of the Gods'... But that's probably a wild rumour."

"Anyway, the Treasure Hoarders discovered some previously unexplored ruins that the Abyss Order has been secretly guarding in the shadows. Despite how dangerous that makes it, all the Treasure Hoarders can think about is what kinds of treasure could be inside... They have devised a plan: they will send out a decoy to divert the Abyss Order's forces away from the ruins, then send an expert thief inside to steal the treasure," Ganyu states.

"To this end, Big Sis and Raptor have reportedly recruited a certain 'Grand Thief' from Fontaine...", Lan adds.

"Wait, what?! The Grand Thief??", Lyra exclaims.

"Hm... that title does sound impressive... wait Lyra, you come from Fontaine!", Paimon says at the same time as Lyra.

"Who is the Grand Thief?", Aether asks.

"He's highly respected under the Treasure Hoarders and very wanted in Fontaine. Think of Alice or Stanley for Adventurers," Lyra says offhandedly.

Lan nods. "Yes. So, despite being relative big-timers in Liyue and Mondstadt, Big Sis and Raptor had to put in a lot of work to convince a thief of his status to come and personally oversee this operation."

Ganyu sighs. "With major changes in Liyue recently and the attack yesterday, the Ministry of Civil Affairs and the Millelith have their hands full. They don't have time to investigate rumours about Treasure Hoarder activity. But anything related to the Abyss makes me feel like there is some unknown danger lurking beneath the surface. So, I decided to come to the Adventurer's Guild to post a commission."

The travelling trio looks at each other, before nodding.

"We'll take it.", Lyra says for the group.

"Yep, yep! Leave this commission to us!", Paimon chirps.

Ganyu sighs in relief. "Oh, thank you so much."

"Good to see this in the hands of a reliable Guild member. Well then, good luck. The Guild will take care of the details for this commission," Lan smiles.

~•~•~