Chapter 46 - the... charmer?

~•~•~

"I thought you didn't want to do anything with the fatui.", Childe comments as they walk through the mountains.

"Your brother has nothing to do with the fatui, no? This also has nothing to do with your harbinger title either. So, I don't really have anything against you as a person, as long as we are merely acquaintances, I don't care. I just don't want anything to do with fatui business, alright? So keep that away from me.", Lyra shrugs.

'Although, I am certain you will never bother me for information or anything related to your fatui business after this little trip', Lyra thinks to herself, hiding a mischievous grin from Childe.

~•~•~

Zhongli was confused when he saw Childe and Lyra return to the harbour.

Firstly, he was confused why they were together in the first place. After all, from what he could tell from their past interactions, Lyra disliked the ginger Harbinger with a passion.

Secondly, he was baffled by their very different facial expressions. While Lyra had a glowing smile on her face, Childe looked downright terrified.

A few moments later, Lyra left Childe and Zhongli took that opportunity to talk to Childe to find out what happened.

"Childe? You look unusually pale.", he states.

Childe looks at him, still wide-eyed with terror.

"How the hell does she know about her? And how was she able to... bring her back for even just a few minutes...?", Childe murmurs. Zhongli's eyebrows furrow.

"What do you mean? What did Lyra do? And who is her?", he asks. Childe, at a loss of words, looks out into the ocean. After a moment of silence, Childe collected his thoughts and speaks up again.

"I... cannot really disclose what she did... but... somehow... she knows about a prime example harbinger of the past... a harbinger I had been told about from other harbingers, who had been a staple example of what a harbinger is. She somehow brought her to this day and age, even if just for a moment... and that woman... the charmer... I... I have to go." Childe leaves without another word. Zhongli is even more baffled than before.

'Just what did Lilia do and what did Childe see? And who is the charmer?'

~•~•~

"you know, Paimon... I think we should head back to Lyra.", Aether says to his companion after slaying the last monster of the hilichurl camp he was in.

"Hm... Paimon thinks so too. We had a lot of fun with our friends here in Mondstadt and even made new ones, but Paimon also wants to spend some time with Lyra in Liyue!", the flying pixie agrees.

Aether laughs. "I am sure you miss the way she treats us to meals the most.", he teases.

"Hey! Paimon enjoys her company too!", Paimon defends.

"Alright, come on. Let's go to Katherine and get our reward for completing the commission. After that, we can luckily use the teleport waypoints to teleport to the harbour."

"yay! We are going to see Lyra again!"

~•~•~