Chapter 3 - the temples of the four winds

~•~•~

"so, this is the temple of the wolf, huh?", Lyra asks the knight. "precisely. Come closer. Can you smell that?"

Lyra looks at Kaeya in a deadpan. "Smell what?" – "Something must have happened in the temple. I imagine there will be slimes, hillichurls and... whatever is giving Stormterror extra power. Oh yes, it is going to be lively in there indeed!", Kaeya answers.

Lyra scoffs. "It's not going to be dangerous or anything, so calm down, cryo boy." He laughs. "cryo boy? That is a new one. Anyway, as bustling as it may be – I can't imagine it will be dangerous at all either. It's a pity that the temple of the wolf has been disturbed by such an atrocity. Let's head in, Lyra. No one makes offerings anymore, yet the old winds never vanish... we need to clear out the temples, for the four winds." Lyra nods and the pair heads inside the temple.

"Lyra, unless I'm mistaken, you seem to carry an anemo vision. It just happens to be the element of Lord Barbatos." Lyra rolls her eyes. "Speaking of, did you know? Stormterror was once one of the four winds."

She sighs. "I am already aware." – "Interesting... I'm not aware of the exact details. Though if you want to know more, you can ask the acting grand master about it."

~•~•

While clearing the temple, Lyra speaks up. "have you heard of Lynda? Lynda Grunnhildr?" – "Lynda Grunnhildr? No, though Grunnhildr is master Jean's last name. what? You know her?" Lyra shakes her head.

"no, merely asking of your knowledge of the past of Mondstadt. Lynda was the grand master of the knights of Favonius around two centuries ago. She is an ancestor of Jean. Maybe she knows, maybe she doesn't. However, she held the title of dandelion knight, the same title Jean holds today, if I am not mistaken."

Kaeya looks at her slightly shocked. "you know more about Mondstadt than I do. How come?" – "My parents didn't allow me to travel Teyvat up until two weeks ago when I turned of age. I was allowed to travel around Fontaine, but that was it. I used a lot of my free time to learn more about the history of the other nations during that time. And because of my vision, I decided to travel here first."

"I see." Kaeya and Lyra then proceed to clear the temple in silence. They then see a crystal of Stormterror and destroy it.

"Bravo! What a performance! You are, to my surprise, a well-trained knight. the battles you just fought were sights to behold." – "oh, no need to compliment me." Lyra says and looks away as Kaeya laughs.

"I see you already have the knightly virtue of modesty. Stories of your heroic deeds to save Mondstadt from destruction shall be known throughout the city of freedom, well into the future.", Kaeya fantasises.

Lyra looks at the knight with a slight smile. "I just wish to help and prevent history to repeat itself, that's all." She answers to the knight's confusion. He just shakes it off.

"Please do visit me at our HQ when you have the time. I also know a lovely tavern, if that's more your thing." Lyra sighs at the offer. "No thank you. I am not one to drink." Then, she walks away.

~•~•~

Both Aether and Lyra arrive at the temple of the lion at the same time, where they see Lisa waiting for them. "Hey cuties. You're finally here to help me out. Don't hesitate to come to me if you need anything." Aether nods.

"I do have a question. What kind of things does a librarian do?", he asks her. "good question. Basically, things other than that which require brawn... or brains." Paimon looks at her questioningly.