Chapter 8 - Stormterror, the corrupted dragon of the east

~•~•~

Once Lyra wakes up, she immediately heads to the winery via teleport waypoint. She is glad that those waypoints are scattered around the nation as it makes travelling easier. "hey, is that Lyra over there?", Paimon says as she can see her approach.

"I didn't think you'd be on your feet again so quickly." – "I feel fine now. However, I should still refrain from using any of those rather harmful powers. Spiritual duality requires a lot of energy if your body is not built for it, you know... so I take it that you've got the tears?", she asks.

Aether nods. "are they purified yet?" Aether takes out the crystals and starts purifying the crystals. "it is hard to believe such a thing is possible, until you've seen it with your own eyes.", Jean states. Diluc nods. "Interesting. It's like filtering wine. The process is... refreshing."

Lyra sighs. "let's put the tears on the lyre, shall we?" she takes the lyre out, and Aether proceeds to use the tears on the lyre. "It worked!", Paimon exclaims. "It seems completely different from before.", Aether comments.

"the lyre's anemo power seems fully restored. We should be able to use it now. It's all thanks to our honorary knights.", Venti chimes. Jean nods. "Now, where should we summon Stormterror? It must be away from the city, else there will be casualties should we fail..."

"I say Starsnatch Cliff. It is away from any settlements, and we will have enough space for the summoning. Not to mention, the wind has easy access there. what do you think, whisp?", Lyra suggests. "Lemme think... Starsnatch cliff... alright let's do it there.", Venti agrees.

"hey, Aether, Paimon. Just a little fun fact: Starsnatch cliff is the cliff above the beach where we first met.", Lyra remarks. "really? Oh man! Paimon is getting nostalgic!" Lyra laughs. "very well then, let's go there now. We have more than enough time left." – "you got it"

~•~•~

"we arrived", Lyra says as they reach the top of the cliff. "what a view...", Paimon says, breathless. "Lovely for a fated reunion, isn't it? Well, we must be prepared for a fight.", Venti states.

Jean nods. "regardless of the outcome, things finally seem to be taking a turn for the better. Mondstadt has really been going through so much recently..." – "huh! In the end, the solution to our problem was as simple as some travellers and a song. I suppose the knights of Favonius may have played part in it too..." Diluc states.

Venti shakes his head. "oh, we get it, master Diluc... everyone step aside." The group does as told. "I, the best wandering bard of the mortal world, shall begin my performance with the holy lyre.", Venti announces.

Lyra can't help but shake her head. Then, Venti starts playing. Soon enough, Dvalin appeared. "You have come... what has been done cannot be undone..." the dragon speaks. "If so, then why do I see sadness in your eyes? Sadness that speaks of your yearning for this song..." Venti says. The dragon answers with a growl.

"they are... communicating... huh?", Jean says. Suddenly, Venti gets attacked by an ice shard. Lyra was quick enough to react, as she runs towards him, puts her hands around him and takes the hit for him, saving both him and the holy lyre in the process. "No! Lyra, tone-deaf bard!", Paimon exclaims.

The others run towards them. Suddenly a voice speaks. The voice of a cryo abyss mage. "do not be fooled by him, dear dragon... he left you to rot alone... now he attempts to deceive you once more..." Lyra put the holy lyre away quickly as the others shield the two of them.

"Do not speak lies, you insolent mage!", Lyra shouts as she steps forward. Dvalin ignores her remark. "Barbatos...!" – "Let your wrath fester! Mondstadt has already turned its back on you!", the abyss mage encourages. With that, Dvalin flies higher.