03_03

~•~•~

"Hahaha, look at you! You achieved godhood, Morax!"

"... I feel inadequate...after all, you are my mentor..."

"Now, now, Morax. Enough of that! You are now Rex lapis, the god of contracts!"

"Speaking of which... I wish to make my first contract, with you."

"Oh? Please, indulge my curiosity. What would this contract entail?"

"Well... as a new god of Liyue... I am going to be in charge of the safety of the people. As such, I have been thinking of forming contracts with other adepti to ensure the safety of our people. I believe you can guess where I want to go with this."

"You want me to be the first adeptus to be bound by contract to you and the safety of our land?"

"Correct. However, besides that, I wish to make you my right-hand. You have been my mentor since for as long as I can remember, and to this day, you still teach me new things. Besides that, your insight on situations are always something I appreciate."

"Well, if you are asking me like this, how could i refuse? I shall be your right-hand, but for a contract to be fair, a contract has to have benefits for both sides."

"Indeed. You are as wise as ever. I shall give you the freedom to command other adepti, not overriding the orders I give them, but more like a commander of sorts. You are also free to suggest rules and laws."

"Haha, 'free to suggest'?"

"Ah, what i mean to say is that you have the power to decide which rules and laws are to be put up in accordance with me."

"Hm... I want to add something, since these benefits for me seem to be more connected to my position as your right-hand. I would like to be in charge of training mortal soldiers and if I am gong to be a commander to other adepti, I wish to also be able to train other adepti as well."

"Very well. Let us sign this contract."

"There. The contract has been put in place. You are now my right-hand."

"Hahaha. That stoic voice of yours makes listening to you very funny at times, you know that, Morax? Though I suppose... since you are now the god I serve, shall I call you... 'my lord'?"

"... never call me that. That doesn't sound right coming from you. While you are now an adeptus serving under me, you will always remain my mentor."

"Aww, that is so sweet of you, Morax! You'll make me cry!"

"...Please, don't be sad, Lilia..."

"As literal as ever... also, keep that new nickname. I love it. Now then... you are the brawn while I am the brains, haha! Though I do hope that we will find some fine allies who value strategy just as much as I do. Perhaps we will find someone interesting to form an alliance with... or someone I know would be willing to join us..."

"I have always rather soaked up your lessons on fighting rather than thinking, so I suppose you are right with the brains and brawn part of the two of us... you are right, I shouldn't burden you to be the sole one to make all strategic and decisive decisions when I don't know what to do. We should find others to join us soon."

"And I have a few friends who we could ask first."

"Oh?"

"I never had them meet you until now, but I suppose you should meet them. First, we will go meet the goddess of salt, Harvia to ask for an alliance or at least a partnership between our people, then we will go meet my beloved best friend, Haagentus, or as I love to call her, Guizhong, the goddess of dust."

"You have friends who are gods? How come I never knew about this?"

"You never had a reason to know, Morax. Now come. We are wasting time. Let us go meet my lovely godly friends! After, we can pay a visit to some of my Adepti friends as well."

~•~•~