Chaoter 30 - parting ways for a while and tea with an old friend

~•~•~

As the travelling trio starts eating, Paimon starts the conversation. "So... you said that as we eat, we would discuss our next course of action. Though Paimon guesses from how you talked earlier, we won't be going into Inazuma immediately."

Lyra nods. "That is correct. It will definitely take some time for us to find a way into Inazuma, so even if we wanted to, we couldn't get in right now. We will need to find someone willing to get us into Inazuma or somehow get a permit from the shogunate. It won't be possible for us to get a permit in the near future, nor will we probably get one as we are merely travellers in the Shogunate's eyes, so I doubt they would even give us one. So, for the time being, we can go travel where we want to here in Liyue and over Mondstadt, while also being on the lookout for a way into Inazuma. That said, what you want to do is up to you.", Lyra concludes.

Aether and Paimon stop eating for a moment. "Well, if we can decide what we do, Paimon votes for going back to Mondstadt for a while."

"sounds good. Perhaps we could also talk to the knights there as well, surely they will need some help.", Aether agrees, then looks at Lyra. "What do you think, Lyra?"

"me? Oh, I suppose I was not clear enough, was I? I am fine with you going to Mondstadt. I, however, will stay here in Liyue. Lots of my old friends of times past, both the adepti as well as some of the now older folk from my past life. Besides that, I will search for a way to Inazuma here as well while catching up with everyone. You two, however, are free to go to Mondstadt. The only thing I ask of you is to be on the lookout for a way to Inazuma while you go there. I understand you want to find more clues on your sister, so I wont stop you from going where you want to and where the trail you follow leads you.", Lyra says.

Aether nods. "Alright. I understand. Though we will leave the harbour today, if you don't mind.", he says as they finish up eating.

"No worries. I will stay here at the harbour for most of the time. Should you not be able to find me here, you can use the sigil I gave you back at Dragonspine, but it has a limit. It can only track me when it is also in the same nation. So, if you wish to use it to find me, you'll need to come back to Liyue first before activating it."

They stand up and Lyra accompanies them to the exit of Liyue harbour.

"One more thing before you leave.", Lyra calls out, making Aether and Paimon turn.

"Don't feel obligated to help everyone, alright? Just because we are the honorary knights of the knights of Favonius doesn't mean we are obligated to help each and every citizen of Mondstadt. If you feel like there is someone else who would be better suited for the job or if it simply isn't something you'd want to do, direct them to someone else. You are your own person. Think of yourself and don't always put other people's troubles before your own."

Aethers eyes widen, but he quickly nods. "Thank you. I will heed your advice. I will see you when I come back here...", Aether pauses.

"But one more thing... what if one of us finds a way to Inazuma? How will we notify the other?", he asks.

"we are not in a hurry to Inazuma, are we? Take your time, do things on your own pace. Once you feel ready to leave, come find me here in Liyue and we will take our leave the soonest we can to Inazuma.", Lyra answers.

Aether closes his eyes, then gives a firm nod. "You're right. I am a traveller now. Finding my sister is just the goal of it... who knows how long it will take... I will make sure to spend some time with our Mondstadter friends."

Lyra smiles as she waves her two travelling companions goodbye.

~•~•~

"Thank you for the tea, Ping. It is lovely.", Lyra says as she sits at Yujing terrace together with one of her old adepti friends. Madame Ping merely chuckles.