Chapter 53 - Wonder Cores and Adepti Sigils

~•~•~

Going back to where they first split, Lyra notices the others waiting for her.

Smiling, she speaks up once in earshot of the others. "So, what'd I miss?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just talked a bit more about Yun Jin's upcoming opera.", Aether says.

"Hm, yes. The premise is quite interesting if I do say so myself. And from what I remember, operas do reflect real life events, or that is what it used to be."

Yun Jin nods.

"That is correct. Uhm, it actually turns out that... Shenhe is the damsel of devastation.", she says.

Lyra hums. "I already thought so when Retainer told me a bit about her disciple. Things were quite similar to what she told me, but there are some things twisted. Either way, the opera still holds some truth to it and there is no harm in not sharing the truth. Sometimes, it is best to bury the past in the past, and I believe that Shenhe would rather not have her story be told to everyone in Liyue as it is."

Shenhe gives Lyra a small smile. "That is correct. I do like the story how it is now. And I believe that this story will also give other children bravery instead of what really happened. Anyway, we've been stalling enough. I believe it is time we go back to the blacksmith to get those Wonder Cores."

~•~•~

Arriving back at the blacksmiths, they give the ores over to Master Zhang, who inspects them.

"Goodness...", he mutters out.

"So... are they okay?", Paimon asks.

"This is some top-quality ore you've found. I think I'll get a good end product out of these. Guess now it's my time to shine..."

Master Zhang goes further into the blacksmith to go make the Wonder Cores.

Just then, Beidou arrives.

"Hey everyone. How's the A-Team doing? I ran into a bit of a brick wall on my end. Suling's never seen a Wonder Core before, and says it'd take a lot of research for him to get up to speed...", she says.

Lyra smiles.

"No need to worry. We've already taken care of those. Master Zhang is currently making them."

Aether nods. "Now we only need to get Adepti Sigils. Got any idea where we get those from?", he asks.

"I'll sort that out.", Shenhe states. Everyone looks at her.

"Oh? You got this then?", Beidou questions, one eyebrow raised.

"Yes. I have been training with the adepti for years. I know a thing or two about making sigils. When we first met, I told you I came for the Jade Camber, not the content. In fact, I came specifically to deliver Adepti Sigils. Master heard that Ningguang was planning to rebuild the Jade Chamber, so she sent me to deliver some Adepti Sigils to her.", Shenhe explains, "Master also said she hoped that I can take this opportunity to rejoin human society. But now that I'm here, I wonder if I've been removed from the world for too long. There's so much basic knowledge that I lack. Maybe it wont work for me to stay here after all. But either way, I'm very glad to have met you, and I'll take the care of those Adepti Sigils.", she finishes.

Beidou thinks for a moment before speaking up.

"Without knowing the ins and outs of your situation, I can't say whether you should stay or not. But not that our paths have crossed, we'll always have a connection. So if you're ever feeling down, come find me on my ship. There'll be a drink waiting for ya.", she proposes.

"Thank you."

Just then, Master Zhang comes back with the Wonder Cores. Shenhe turns to him.

"Master Zhang, I'll need to use your facilities to make the Adepti Sigils.", she says.

"Allow me to help you, Shenhe.", Lyra chimes in.

Shenhe looks at her for a moment and nods.

Master Zhang smiles a little.

"Fine by me, I'm actually curious to see how the adepti arts work. Maybe I'll learn something."

~•~•~