Chapter 14 - the trip to Liyue

~•~•~

"Aether, Paimon, go on ahead. I will meet you at Windrise, alright? at the big tree.", Lyra says once they are out of earshot of Albedo. "Okay? But Paimon wants to know why."

"just... some things I want to take care of here in Dragonspine... on my own.", Lyra adds. "Alright. see you at Windrise.", Aether shrugs. The blonde traveller and the pixie leave, as Lyra looks back to the campsite.

They are still in sight of it so Albedo could see them converse. 'I call upon Yui, the eleventh' she hides her presence and heads back to the campsite. There she sees Albedo, still standing where he had when they left.

"I made a point throughout of telling them how ordinary the results were... but what was that sediment I saw forming at the bottom of the vial? It should not have been there... what could it mean?" He looks back to a vial on the table.

Lyra follows his action. 'those born of earth are bound by its imperfection, but those born of chalk are free of impurities...', she thinks to herself.

"those born of earth are bound by its imperfection, but those born of chalk are free of impurities... you and I alike, Aether, both composed of a substance that has yet to be fully defined...", Albedo says as Lyra goes closer, unnoticed.

"Lyra... Aether...if one day, I lose control... destroy Mondstadt... destroy everything... can I rely on you to stop me?", Albedo says out loud. Lyra remains silent. Then she steps out of her shadow and makes her presence known to Albedo and shifts it, so it doesn't make him uneasy.

"Lyra...", the alchemist mutters. "I apologise for intruding on your privacy, Albedo..." – "... so you heard?" – "yes, but I knew.", Lyra confirms.

She holds out her left hand, emitting a bright warm glow of it. "Light exceeds the darkness. Corruption shall not win. Take away the curse and be blessed from within."

Albedo feels his spirit lifted. Lyra starts coughing. "Lyra! You didn't have to do that!", Albedo shouts. "I would be a bad friend if I didn't! especially if I was the one who helped making you!", she exclaims.

Albedo freezes at that. Lyra sighs. She summons a blue spear and makes her eyes flash yellow. As Albedo looks closer at the spear, his eyes widen. 'Those distinct yellow eyes... it can't be...'

"Dylan...?" – "hey there, Kreideprinz. This is the reason why I didn't show this life earlier. I don't want the others to know just yet. And Timaeus... he doesn't need to know.", Lyra chuckles.

"so you knew all along... that means... well, it explains how you knew so much about alchemy."

~•~•~

"Hey Aether! Sorry if I took too long.", Lyra says as she arrives at Windrise through the teleport waypoint. "Oh, we weren't waiting for too long. What did you have to do?", Aether inquires.

"Just had some things to clear at Skyfrost Nail. Now, let's head to Liyue, the nation of contracts!" Lyra starts leading the way towards Springvale. "So... could you maybe tell us more about Liyue?", Paimon asks.

"Sure. Liyue is the nation of contracts. The archon ruling there is the Geo archon, also known as the god of contracts. His name is Morax, however, the locals call him Rex Lapis. I do as well. Just a little fun fact at the side, Rex Lapis is the one who makes Mora, hence why Mora is called so. Anyway... while Barbatos is absent, Rex Lapis comes and descends once a year at the Rite of Descension. That is why we are going now. The Rite of Descension is in about three days.", Lyra explains.

"well, good that you planned ahead!", Paimon praises. Lyra laughs.

"the last time I was in Liyue was in my last life. It was not that long ago, so Liyue should still be the same. While Rex Lapis is the god of Liyue, the Liyue Qixing are the one who govern Liyue. The Liyue Qixing is a committee made up of merchants and business leaders. They specialise in commerce and trade sectors. The job of the Qixing is to implement the policies laid out by Rex Lapis and manage the day-to-day governance of the nation of Liyue.", she continues.