Chapter 4 - the bard clad in green

~•~•~

Lyra waits inside Jean's office together with Lisa. "so... where are Jean, Aether and Paimon?", Lisa asks .

Lyra scoffs. "Aether and I saw her conversing with someone from the fatui. They decided to wait until they were done conversing while I headed up to the statue. I have personal reasons for why I don't want to be caught up with those Snezhnayan diplomats." Lisa laughs.

"that is understandable. Jean was probably just telling them to leave the Stormterror situation to her and the rest of the knights. We don't want one of our four winds killed." – "reasonable." The two girls look up as they hear the door open.

Jean, Aether and Paimon head inside. "I hope you two haven't been waiting for too long." Lisa shakes her head. "no, we have not." – "alright. Now... Aether, you wanted to show us?" he nods and takes out the crystal the trio found in the woods.

Jean inspects it carefully. "It's a crystal embedded with some kind of power... Lisa, are you able to analyse it?" – "Let me take a look..." she goes closer to the crystal. "Hmm... I can see impurities in the crystal, but upon further inspection... no, I'm sorry, I can't make a proper analysis at the moment. Give me some time. I'll take a look through the library's restricted section."

Jean nods. "Right. I'll leave the research to you then, Lisa." – "Understood. I'll notify you all if I make any progress. Though I wouldn't go getting your hopes up. They are incredibly ancient texts, not to mentio- Ouch!"

The crystal zaps Lisa as she was about to take it. "Gosh, that hurt! The impurities in the crystal... it hurts when I get close..." – "I see... it appears to react to visions..." the group looks at Lyra as she continues.

"the impurities and the elemental energy we embody repel each other." Lisa then speaks up. "It's strange, though. Aether has elemental abilities as well but doesn't seem to be affected in the same way." The trio stays silent.

"Anyway, the crystal would be better left in the hands of my cutie. It will just be a pain if left with us – both literally and metaphorically." Aether looks at her embarrassed. "Cutie?" Jean ignores this and speaks up.

"... Fascinating. Do you know anything about what makes you special?" Lyra speaks up before Aether could say anything. "No, though it is something we are going to look into during our adventures." Jean nods.

"I do not know what to make of it either. Well, then, Lyra, Aether... the knights of Favonius have another favour to ask of you two. Please accept the title of honorary knight... and the gratitude of the acting grand master." – "honorary knight.... of Favonius?!", Paimon exclaims.

Jean nods. "We ask for your continued assistance in finding some answers." – "We will gladly continue to help you, right Aether?", Lyra says and gets a nod from Aether.

Jean smiles, then her smile falters. "Stormterror's rage... and strange crystals... I know Mondstadt's peace hangs in the balance. May the wind open your eyes to the truth. We'll meet back here if you find anything."

~•~•~

Once the trio exits the HQ, Paimon speaks up. "there's something you didn't tell them. The dragon and the crystal weren't the only things we saw." Aether sighs.

"I'd like to investigate this without the knights help first." – "So, you do remember him, that green guy", Paimon says. "I talked to him a little earlier. That was at the statue. I believe he should be still there." , Lyra states. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!", Paimon exclaims.

They head up to the statue. "there he is!", Paimon remarks. The trio approach him. "Hello Venti.", Lyra greets the Green bard. Venti looks up.

"Oh, hello, Lyra. So, these are the other two who scared away Dvalin.", Venti observes. Paimon looks at him confused. "Dvalin? Who is that?" Lyra sighs.