Chaper 12 - time for some alchemic experimentation!

~•~•~

It is three weeks after the gnosis incident when the trio finds themselves heading towards the plaza of Mondstadt. "so, you are suggesting we go to the alchemy store?", Paimon asks Lyra. "yes. We should stock up on adventuring supplies", Lyra answers as they head to the alchemy store.

Instead for the usual man who runs the store, the trio sees a girl with green hair. "huh, looks like Timaeus isn't here today...", Aether mumbles. "oh! Um... pardon me, are you looking for Timaeus?", the girl asks, turning away from a few alchemical potions. "no, no! just strange for him to not be around. Paimon always sees him standing here." – "I see. He was called away by master Albedo a little while ago. I was called over to attend the store." Lyra's eyes widen at the name the girl mentions.

"I'm Sucrose, master Albedo's assistant. If you have any alchemy-related queries, you could always ask me. I'd... do my best to help.", the Green-haired girl introduces herself. 'so, I did hear it right.' Lyra chuckles. "there is no need to be so shy.", she says.

"i... actually, I'm not very good at this kind of thing. M-my apologies, I don't get out too often. I'm usually in the laboratory, where there aren't many others to talk to. If you need any help, just call my name. if not, I'll... I'll be reading a book – over there. hm.", Sucrose explains.

"thank you. No worries. We know our own fair share about the basics of alchemy. Anyway, I am Lyra, and these are Paimon and Aether.", Lyra introduces the trio. "Lyra, Aether... hey, aren't you the legendary travellers? The ones who repelled Stormterror?" Lyra chuckles. "'legendary' is a bit much.", Aether grimaces.

"I've heard so many stories about you! Always wanted an opportunity to research you up close." Lyra laughs, while Paimon looks at her sceptically. "uhm... what do you mean, 'research'?!", Paimon exclaims.

"Ah! Sorry, don't mind me, what am I saying... Still, you'd definitely be able to help Albedo. It is you after all." Paimon lets out a groan. "there's that name again! 'Albedo'. Is he also an alchemist in Mondstadt?" Aether shakes his head. "not a name I'm familiar with."

Lyra decides to remain silent. "Apologies, I never introduced him. Albedo is the knights of Favonius' chief alchemist. He's also Timaeus' and my teacher." – "but Paimon's only ever seen Timaeus teaching alchemy. So, that means... Albedo is a teacher-teacher?", Paimon asks.

Sucrose nods. "yes. He's dedicated himself to investigating the truth of this world and has made many an important breakthrough. We often get alchemists coming to Mondstadt from all over Teyvat, seeking his help. They say that the subtlest of guidance from Mr. Albedo helps them to solve the most unfathomable of problems.", she explains.

"wow, Paimon didn't know he was such a big deal!" – "mhm. Still, it seems that he's encountered a problem in his research recently. Every time I see him, he has a concerned look on his face." – "I am unsure how we can help someone as smart as him, but I am certain we can help in other ways if he so desires to need.", Lyra says.

"I'm sure that master Albedo would love to hear about your incredible exploits. I know it would bring him lots of new inspiration. Albedo is a true gentleman. He'll be sure to pay you back in equal measure for helping him out.", the greenette says.

"I will just be glad if he can clear some questions for me. For Aether, perhaps he could help him better understand the wonders of Teyvat. You are still not well acquainted with Teyvat, so this will be a good opportunity to learn more. Perhaps also help us with your training?", Lyra claims.

"I don't see why not. Testing the limits of living beings' capabilities is one of Albedo's areas of research after all." , Aether shrugs. "great! Where can we find him?", Paimon asks.