Chapter 52 - Ore hunting

~•~•~

Arriving at the blacksmiths, the trio, together with Yun Jin and Shenhe, approach Master Zhang. Noticing people coming into his field of vision, Master Zhang looks up from whatever he is currently working on.

"Hmm? Ah, hello. Are you here for something off-the-shelf? Or do you need something forged?", he asks the group.

Lyra smiles, stepping forward.

"Ah, nothing of that kind. We merely wish to gain information on where to find two ores: Starsplinter Iron and Subrosium. Would you happen to have any intel on the matter?", she asks.

"Ah, I remember when Lady Ningguang brought me those... I believe she had me make what she called Wonder cores out of them. The process of making it is not hard, but both ores are quite rare."

"Indeed, which is why we are wondering if you know where they are?"

Master Zhang think for a moment.

"If I remember correctly, Lady Ningguang sourced her Starsplinter Iron from the Mt. Tianheng area.", he starts after a while.

"As for the Subrosium, though... that's trickier. It's all but unheard of on the market... what I've heard is that the people around Mt. Tianheng have some sort of magic trick that can pinpoint the location of the stuff. Of course, it's probably just hearsay. If you want my advice, start by looking for Starsplinter Iron around Mt. Tianheng, and if you run into any locals, ask them a few questions about Subrosium."

This makes Shenhe think. "Mt. Tianheng...", she mutters absently.

Yun Jin hums in interest.

"Interestingly enough, the story of 'the divine damsel of devastation' also takes place on that mountain. I hear the view there is quite spectacular. A favourite destination of the adepti, in fact. Perhaps it can give me sone inspiration. Let's not delay, we should head straight there."

~•~•~

Arriving at Mt. Tianheng, Yun Jin starts to reminisce.

"I came to Mt. Tianheng once with my father as a child. I remember it being such a long climb that I could barely feel my legs by the time we reached the top. This is quite a trip down memory lane for me... look at these majestic towering peaks and the gently flowing streams. It's like setting foot in paradise."

Lyra chuckles.

"I suppose so... I passed by here a few times while travelling around... there is a path that leads behind the waterfall. It truly is breathtaking. Either way, leave finding the Starsplinter Iron to me. Go look around for locals to talk to for information. It will save us some time.", she says, walking away to the mountain side, looking around.

The others look at each other, but comply to her suggestion. Splitting up the task definitely does decrease the needed time to source both ores.

"Anywho, while we're looking for locals, Paimon's curious about your story, Yun Jin. You said it revolved around here, right?"

"ah, yes. You see..."

~•~•~

After fining all clumps of Starsplinter iron, Lyra prepares to walk back to the village where she could already see the others. However, she saw a familiar flash of black and green a little further away.

Knowing who it would be, Lyra decides to go to the direction she saw the flash of colour from.

"Hello there, Xiao. I didn't expect you to be here. Unless... you're here because of the threat?", she greets the Yaksha.

Xiao turns to her.

"Ah... Liliang, what brings you here? Have they found a solution to the danger in the sea?", he asks her.

Lyra sighs, shaking her head. "Not yet. But Ningguang and the other Qixing are working on it."

"... I see... according to the agreement we adepti made, I should not get involved for now. But you and I both know that these things can be unpredictable. I have contingency plan of my own."

Lyra chuckles.

"Not just me then, huh?"

Xiao nods.

"Only a single mountain lies between here and Liyue Harbor. If things get out of control, I will defend this place myself."

"I understand."

"what about you? What will you do? You may not be an adeptus anymore, but with your powers, you count as one nonetheless."

"I will stand by at the docks of the harbour. Should they fail, I will create a barrier in front of the harbour, saving the people from whatever onslaught of attacks may come."

Xiao sighs.

"May we only hope the Qixing have something good planned..."

~•~•~