Chapter 54 - Completion of the Jade Chamber

~•~•~

Just a moment later, Shenhe and Lyra finish making the Adepti Sigils.

"There... it is done.", Lyra mutters.

"The sigils are ready. Though they are in some respects inferior to my master's, I can assure you there will be no quality issues.", Shenhe says. Lyra smiles.

"They do look really good, Shenhe. For an disciple it is definitely quite well done. I am just happy mine came out satisfactory as well, even tough I haven't done this in years...", she admits.

"That was definitely quite something to watch... I could never hope to replicate the adeptal arts, but it surely is a sight to see.", Master Zhang says.

Beidou nods. "It truly is a work of art... it works in such mysterious ways...", she mutters.

Lyra holds her hand out to Shenhe, taking the sigils she made.

"Alright, let's go submit them!", Paimon exclaims. Aether chuckles, shaking his head, but starts walking to the site.

~•~•~

Arriving back at the site, they approach Baiwen.

"Baiwen, we have all we need.", Lyra says once within earshot.

To that, the assistant turns around.

"Oh? Already?", she asks them, looking at the odd group.

"All three of you together? Okay, I see."

Baiwen holds out her hand, Beidou, who took the Wonder Cores earlier, and Lyra holding out the respective materials. Baiwen looks them over before nodding and returning them.

"The wonder cores and Adepti sigils looks good. It seems that we've found our winners." With that, Baiwen calls all participants together.

"I hereby announce that the winners of this material procurement contest are Aether, Yun Jin and Beidou!", she announces.

Lyra, Shenhe and Paimon all stand slightly behind Aether, silently signifying that they are a group. At the announcement, the other participants begin to murmur.

"What? It's over already? I haven't even found the Plaustrite yet!"

"I can't believe it..."

"so close, but so far..."

"I'd like to invite our three winners to please proceed to the Jade Chamber, where Lady Ningguang is waiting for you.", Baiwen says, turning to the group.

Paimon turns to leave, but stops.

"Huh, where is Beidou? She was right here...", she mutters.

"Captain Beidou has some business to attend to. She will join later. Please, come with me for now.", Baiwen excuses the Captain's absence, looking over to Lyra.

Lyra shakes her head, whispering to the assistant. "I'll come with for now, I'll leave when it's time."

Baiwen nods, looking back at the others.

~•~•~

Up on the Jade Chamber, Ningguang awaits them. After giving her the last components for the Jade Chamber, she begins to speak.

"Combine the adepti sigils with the wonder cores and insert them into the Jade Chamber's control compartment.", she narrates her actions.

Then, she turns to the group. "The construction of the new Jade Chamber is now officially complete. Once the tethers are released, it will soar into the sky. Thank you all for your work. Now it is time for me to fulfil my promise.", she says to them.

Turning to Yun Jin, she begins once more. "Ms. Yun, I've already hears something about the reason for your involvement. You are looking for a venue for your new opera, aren't you?", she asks.

Yun Jin steps forward and nods. "That's right. Lady Ningguang, I would like to hear your opinion.", she admits.

"The unveiling of Ms. Yun's grand opera surely requires a venue of equal grandeur. So what would you say if I proposed that we stage your first performance right here, in the newly built Jade Chamber?", Ningguang suggests.

Yun Jin's eyes light up. But Ningguang continues.

"The Jade Chamber offers a splendid panoramic view of the mountains and the bustling city. It is fitting for the finest performance to be hosted in the heavens... I can think of no better stage for you than here, Ms. Yun."

Yun Jin is caught in silence for a moment before she speaks up again. "Thank you, Lady Ningguang. Then I will prepare my props and other articles shortly. Please allow me to bring all these aboard the Jade Chamber."

Ningguang smiles.

"You're quite welcome. It's truly what a good opera deserves.", Ningguang merely says. With that, Yun Jin turns to the others.

"Aether, Lyra, Paimon, Shenhe, I'll be leaving now. Do come and see my play when the time comes."

And so, Yun Jin excuses herself and leaves.

Lyra sighs.

"Alright, before you ask the other two, here.", she cuts in.

Lyra hands Ningguang a piece of paper, who reads through it carefully.

"That is my only request as of now, Ning-Ning. No need to hurry with it, I merely need this in a few months time. I believe that should be enough time to prepare it, no?", Lyra states.

After reading through the paper, Ningguang looks up at her and nods.

"Of course, I shall handle this as soon as possible. I can assure you that by the time you come to visit again in purpose of retrieving it, it shall be long done.", Ningguang assures her predecessor.

Lyra smiles. "Perfect. Now, Aether, Shenhe, Paimon. I'll have to leave for now as I have some business to attend to. Don't worry, I'll meet you back here once I am done and then we can enjoy Yun Jin's opera together."

Paimon pouts at this. "Aww you're leaving already? We just reunited Yesterday!", she whines.

Lyra chuckles.

"No need to get so worked up. I'll be back in no time."

~•~•~