Chapter 45 - a day of a traveller in the adventurers guild

~•~•~

The day passed and Teucer started to like the idea of being a traveller like Lyra. Although, Teucer did understand the dangers of becoming one. After they had arrived at the adventurer's guild, she had asked Katherine for a few commissions that focused on fighting monsters.

First, they went out to Guili Plains, heading to a hilichurl camp. She had Teucer look from afar, so that the monsters wouldn't attack him. Of course she couldn't just use her powers from the past, so she stuck to her Anemo Vision and her sword. She managed to clear the camp quickly and she could see Teucer jumping from excitement.

The next commission was luckily also at the Guili plains, but this time she had to fight a ruin guard that had become active and was walking around the main route between Liyue harbour and Wangshu inn. Since Ruin guard had a much greater field of awareness than hilichurls, she had to be extra careful to keep Teucer away from the ruin guard's sight. She luckily managed to fight it off quickly.

Although, as it fell, Teucer ran out of his hiding spot and started to examine the broken machine. Though Lyra shrugged it off, seeing as he had a ruin guard plushie which he called 'mr. Cyclops'.

At the end of the day they finished 6 commissions, with a lunch and a few snack breaks. Teucer had gotten tired of all the walking around and so, Lyra carried him back to Liyue harbour and to Northland bank, where his brother was waiting for them.

"Ah, Lyra! I see Teucer got exhausted by whatever you were doing together, huh? You have my thanks for taking care of him.", Childe greets Lyra as she enters the bank.

Childe takes his little brother from Lyra's arms. "It's no problem. He was fun to have around and reminded me of a time I was teaching younger kids.", Lyra waves off.

"Oh? You taught younger kids before? Aren't you like- 18?"

"oh, uh, yes. I started as a teenager and taught a couple of kids how to do basic math at times."

"hm.. I see. Anyway, I will see you tomorrow for that trip of yours, as agreed."

"yes, yes...", she dismisses him and waves goodbye. With that, she is out the door.

~•~•~

The next day, a few hours before noon, Lyra waits for Childe at Northland bank, while holding a small duffel bag in her hands. She has been waiting for almost an hour, her patience wearing thin.

'Where is that incompetent ginger of a harbinger?!'

She looks around, looking for the familiar ginger haired male. Getting irritated, she starts tapping her foot on the floor.

'Don't tell me he left me on an empty promise of pay back! That is a low blow for that harbinger! His brother told me he is very keen on keeping his promises. Not to mention, there is a wonderful Shneznayan rhyme everyone living there knows: You make a pinkie promise, you keep it all your life. You break a pinkie promise, I throw you on the ice. The cold will kill the pinkie that once betrayed your friend, the frost will freeze your tongue off so you never lie again.'

After what felt like an eternity for Lyra, Childe comes down the stairs to meet Lyra.

"Oh, finally. I was beginning to think you made me an empty promise.", Lyra remarks coldly.

"Apologies for making you wait. After getting Teucer on a ship back to Shneznaya this morning, I was busy with paperwork." Lyra rolls her eyes.

"Alright, Childe, let's go."

"hey, wait! Where are we even going?"

~•~•~