Chapter 38 - Einar

I was so happy we had a dog. With all the good things lately, it's hard to decide what's the best thing to happen to me. Scruffy was such a cute dog, and I looked on my phone to see how big they get. I was excited and couldn't wait for him to grow. I love big dogs.

Back home, I was super nervous to meet Charlie's parents. Sure, we met at church, but this was different. I would spend the whole day with them and eat with them.

Wearing Eirik's shirt again, I hoped they liked it. Thankfully, snow still covered the ground, so a jacket covered it for the time being. After letting him meet Scruffy, he guided me inside.

His mom welcomed me into the house when I arrived. She introduced herself again and told me to call her by her first name. I couldn't do that. She would always be Mrs. Jameson to me.

Once inside, with my jacket off, Charlie gave me a long hug. I hugged back but felt awkward with his mom watching.

She must have noticed me look in her direction. "It's ok dear. Hugging is ok. But there will be no funny business in his room. Charlie knows the rules."

Charlie sighed, exasperated. "Mom, we're not babies. You don't have to tell every person I invite over just because I'm Bi."

"Well, you've never invited a boy before. Eirik stayed, of course, but I knew you weren't interested in him. I just want you to know the same rules apply. Even if you can't get each other pregnant."

Charlie covered his face. "Mom! You're embarrassing me. No wonder I don't bring people over. It's not like I'm only interested in one thing."

"You're a boy, dear," she said.

"Come on," Charlie said, grabbing my hand and pulling me upstairs.

I followed, enjoying the feel of his hand in mine. His mom laughed and repeated that he better follow the rules. I wasn't sure how to feel. My mom never talked to us about things like that.

She's not a prude or anything. I just think she doesn't want to deal with that stuff. Once Charlie pulled me into his room, he let my hand go.

He pulled his door until it was almost closed. "Sorry about my mom."

"It's ok," I said. "I'm just not used to parents talking about sex with their kids."

"Lucky you."

"I don't know about that. I had my dad."

"You win. I just wish she wouldn't tell everyone I bring over. Just because I'm Bi, that doesn't mean I only think about sex. I'm not even allowed to close my door when I have guests over. And I can't sleep how I normally do," he said.

"How do you normally sleep?"

"Naked," he said.

I blushed and thought about how much I wanted to see that. I slept naked once and loved it, but I was always afraid mom or dad would catch me. "Wow. You're lucky. I wish I could sleep naked. I share a room with Eirik."

He shrugged as if that was no big deal. "So, you're identical twins. Don't you look exactly the same?"

"Yeah, but that would be weird."

"I've always wanted to see identical twins naked together," he said, grinning.

I didn't know if he was joking or not. "Well, you'll have to take two pictures of me, put them together, and pretend."

He smiled and pushed me lightly on the shoulder. "It wouldn't work, I would know. Of course, I'm just messing with you, though."

"Ask Noah to take a picture of Eirik and put it next to a picture of me," I said.