Chapter 49 - Einar

At lunch, I texted mom about going to Charlie's game and she agreed. She would drop me off on the way to Eirik's game. Sitting there next to his mom alone, I was nervous about what she might say.

Not that she wasn't nice, I just didn't know what she would ask. She surprised me by telling me Charlie told her my dad accepted the plea deal. I was still so conflicted by dad being sent away. My life was so much better now. But why couldn't I have this life with him in it?

"You deserve justice, Einar. In time, maybe not this week or this year, you will come to understand that. With him away, you will grow into a strong and confident young man. Then, when you are ready, and only if you wish, you let him back into your life as equals."

There were too many conflicting thoughts. "What if I wake up one day and realize I don't love him anymore? What if I never want to see him again?"

"Whatever you choose is what's best for you. Only you can make that decision for yourself," she said.

"And what if I let him in and he doesn't change? What if he never accepts my sexuality?"

"That would be his loss," she said.

Charlie's game began, and I couldn't stop staring at him in his jersey and soccer shorts. There's something about a soccer uniform, but God, he's hot. I don't know a single rule about soccer, but I cheered when his mom did, and sat when she did.

I loved watching him run around. When the game ended, he ran over to us. Sweat covered his jersey, and I couldn't help stare at him. His lips look so kissable, but I was too afraid around so many people.

When we got back to his house, he wanted to take a shower and suggested I join him. That sounded thrilling, but I declined since his parents were there. What would they say?

We made out and cuddled, as was becoming normal for us in bed. The next day, we talked his mom into letting him come to Eirik's practice game tonight against the Varsity team. It wouldn't count for anything, but both teams combined their two practices into one long game.

It's the longest game either team would play, but what was most important to me was Liz would be there too. I wanted to spend more time with both of them, and they both agreed. Thankfully, I would practice with the team soon, but I couldn't play in a game yet. So that gave us all more time to spend together at games.

I knew, as soon as I began playing, we would lose our time to run outside and kiss or anything else we wanted to do. Liz. Charlie and I sat in our normal seats for the first extended period. When we were tired of sitting there, we walked around together.

We ended up outside and down by the water. The same place Charlie and I made out that first time. While still chilly out, the snow was gone. Water was rolling up onto the sand in small rippling waves. The wind gusted by, rustling the branches of the trees behind and along the roadway.

We held hands and looked out into the distance across Lake Superior. All we could see was water spreading out into the distance. I sat down on the cold sand and they both sat next to me.

All of us remained silent, listening to the wind, the water, and the cars driving behind us on the road. I wanted to kiss them both, but worried one would be upset if I picked the other to kiss first.

"Do you both want to kiss?" I asked in a whisper.

They both agreed and tried to kiss me at the same time. They both apologized and sat back up. I had an idea but didn't know if it would work. "How about you kiss each other first?"

They both looked past me and seemed to come to an agreement. They both leaned over me and kissed each other right in front of my face. It's so odd being so close to two kissing people. Especially two people I love.